HAS ANYONE HEARD...

WHETHER DRILLING FOR OIL SOMEPLACE IN HIS COUNTRY HAS BEEN DISCUSSED BY OBAMA'S ADMINISTRATION?
MORE $4 A GALLON GAS WILL THROW US INTO THE GREAT DEPRESSION.WITH THE NEW ADMINISTRATION, MAYBE THE ARABS WILL GET THEIR A--ES KISSED ENOUGH TO CUT US A BREAK. FOR NOW?

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 8:23 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I heard they werent going to undo whatever Bush had done to open up to the possibility of drilling here. Its a good thing because if we dont drill then other countries will. Russia has already bought many contracts or made agreements to drill all over the world, so if they get allthe oil we will end up reliant on them along with the middle east and prices will go through the roof.

Answer by gemgem at 8:27 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• You would think they would have figured something like that into the spendulas. I mean they saved the birdies in San Fran, are building a HWY from Disney to las vegas, and paying for more folks to be able to watch tv. Why NOT help the middle class out with some gas relief? Oh that' right...we are getting out $13 a week, that's our help!. Thanks Obama!

eye rolling

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:33 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• SPENDULAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 8:34 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• http://www.kansascity.com/444/story/1035548.html

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Nope! But, "he's only been in office for a month, he needs more time!'

I REALLY like this site (I have it bookmarked in my browser!)...which is keeping close tabs on all of Obama's campaign promises (including opposing candidate's stances on various issues)...you can search by subject....here are the Energy related plans (there are 3 pages)

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/subjects/energy/?page=1

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:37 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• ANONYMOUS,

Thank you for the link, I read the article and I think everyone here should, informative.

What Obama's administration is doing is too slow, wishy-washy in approach and just seems like stalling tactics.
    IMO, any talk of wind for energy is an insult to the intelligence of the American people.
    It's silly.
    I heard a very smart person on TV say, "What happens when the wind doesn't blow?"
    What will this country look like with miles and miles of windmills everywhere? Do you want the government taking your farmland for friggin windmills? Will you have a say so about it?
    Ted Kennedy pitched a fit recently about windmills being put on Nantucket, within view of his compound.
    A stalling tactic for the stupid American people, a joke brought by your real friend, Obama.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 8:45 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• ..and don't forget about all of our little airborne creatures who will surely suffer some horrible demise by hundreds of thousands of acres of windmills, should this happen!!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:52 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• If he does like he spoke during his campaigning then our power bills will be out of this world.I pay enough already and that is with keeping lights and things off during the day.I pay several hundred a month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• IMO, any talk of wind for energy is an insult to the intelligence of the American people. It's silly.

Of course it's intermittent, but when the wind isn't blowing in one area of the country, it IS blowing in another.  Also, wind power wouldn't be the sole source of energy for the country.  If the wind "stopped blowing", other sources of energy would pick up the slack.

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:01 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Yeah, but how about just drilling for oil?

I am not going to take the time to look up how many possible places there are in this country to look for oil, where a single good site could net enough oil to last for hundreds of years.

Why aggravate people with this alternative stuff and all its complications and aggravations?
    Oil may not be the cleanest form of energy, but there are sensible ways around that.

The easily found oil is gone, but there is still plenty out there.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:34 AM on Feb. 17, 2009