Pork chops & apples

i sometimes see this combination together, is it any good? i bought porkchops and i rarely ever cook them but i want to do something different with them. if you have any good pork & apples recipe to share please do! also i was thinking of serving it with teriyaki noodles, would it pair well with that?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I would do it with mashed potatoes or maybe rice...but that's up to you and what you like ;)
    I know that they go well together-but I personally have no recipes for it, I did use apple juice to cook mine in awhile back-but have not done it for a long time!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• Braised Pork Chops with Apples

4 apples, cored, peeled, and sliced
    6 pork chops
    2 tablespoons flour
    salt and pepper
    3 tablespoons shortening

Lightly dust chops with flour, shaking off excess. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Melt shortening and brown chops over medium heat 1 minute on each side. Add apples to pan, cover and cook over medium-low heat for 30 minutes.

I usually throw in four sweet potatoes, parboiled for 20 minutes and then peeled and sliced, but the noodles sound like they would be good, too.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:38 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• Yummm Ballad!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 8:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• Ballad, how can you cook if you're blind? Isn't it hard to tell whether the meat is done etc. Educate me, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 8:07 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• Where does that come from, pork chops and apple sauce? Because I never eat them together. Just like I never eat cottage cheese and fruit together. sounds nasty to me.

Answer by louise2 at 8:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• I usually do a pork roast in the crock pot with a little apple juice and then add sliced apples and onions for the last hour. It is fabulous.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• Oh louise! You don't know what you're missing!
    We marinate our chops in apple juice, then bake or bbq them.
    Cottage cheese and fruit go great together! Yum!

I'm hungry, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 8:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

I was a little nervous about pork chops when I first started cooking, but I can tell by smell when they're done now, and by poking them with my finger. Meat that isn't done will move a little under your finger, kind of like poking a wet paper cup, but not as drastic as that. It's hard to describe, but I haven't poisoned anybody yet. *Smile.*
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• Well that's good, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• Meat, especially pork is often paired with fruit. Usually apples but I have also seen pork recipes with peaches, pears or cherries. There is also the Poultry and cranberry combination. Sweet and savory compliments one another kind of like salty and sweet does.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 5:43 PM on May. 2, 2013