Jehovah Witness

We have been living in this town for about 5, 6 years. Tell yesterday I never once had a Jehovah witness come to my door.  The only reason I knew it was them(I didn't go to the door) is because they left something in my screen door. 

Asked by louise2 at 8:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• We have a ton of Mormons here. No Soliciting signs don't work because they don't think they're selling anything (ha!) so you have to be more specific.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• I always used the pamphlets to line my bird cages. Recycling at its best.

Answer by Ballad at 9:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• They'll be back! They ALWAYS come back!

Answer by PMSMom10 at 8:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• I have no problem with them coming to my door. We will either chat for a little while or I will ask the to come again the next time they are around and I am just a bit busy this day.
    I have almost no problems with anyone really

Answer by Dardenella at 9:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• Anon Mormons(which is Later day Saints) and Jehovah witnesses are completely different churches.

While they both go door to door they are a lot different.

I'm sure they will be back, just feel lucky you have avoided them so far.

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• JW's are a pain in the ass

I'll be pulling into the parking lot at WORK and a van full of ladies, like the vultures they are, swoop in with their reading material and I'm always saying no! This happens about twice a week!
    It's bad when you look around and not see them and feel a sense of relief!
    When someone says no, then why return? Day after day!

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:05 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• Okay, it was bound to happen eventually if you have any sort of JW church in your area. I'm sure the Mormons will stop by one day too, maybe even the occasional SDA. That's kind of what those denominations do.

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• JWs are WAY more persistent than Mormons. We get the Mormons here and you usually tell them to go away. When we lived in IL, we would get the JWs and they would come back over and over and over. Even when you told them to go away, they would still stuff their pamphlets in the door.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• I don't even answer the door anymore, Jehovah's dress like any other religious solicitor. The Mormons are always young men in white shirts. I watch too much ID to feel safe answering my door in the daytime.

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• Jehovah's Witness go door to door like Jesus did and said to do is why they go out, they try to find interested ones who maybe would like to study the Bible, need someone to talk to , alot are glad to find someone interested in them, so far only one has been mean, the rest invited us back to talk, eat and have coffee, i had a very nice experience on this end of my beliefs, it was a great day

Answer by at 1:12 AM on Apr. 29, 2013