Diabitic!

Is it normal to get fed up with eating. I am just sick of it all. What to eat, can only have this much, owe I need to eat to take my meds, I want to eat this but I shouldn't. I tired of it all.
I have been waiting to eat so long I get a head ace. I had to eat something just now so my head ace would go away and I can take my meds.
I wish it would all just go away.

Asked by louise2 at 9:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2013 in Health

• That must be a drag. Shoot, I feel that way about food sometimes, just trying to lose weight, without having diabetes. I hope you feel better soon.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• I can imagine it takes a toll! I had gestational diabetes and watching it only for a few months got tiring. I don't have any suggestions for you, hopefully someone else will.

Answer by missanc at 9:08 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• Hope you feel better soon.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 9:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• I'm sorry. I hope you feel better soon.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:09 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• it sucks... For the things you want to eat "but cant" have you tried diabetic recipes?? http://www.smuckers.com/sensibly_sweet/recipes_sugar_free.aspx?gclid=CL6w78rY7rYCFW4aOgod8nkAZQ

Anonymous

• Well it won;t and the sooner you accept the situation the better. Being diabetic means different things depending on the type. They all have dietary guidelines. Talk to a dietician. Means do not have to be boring or lacking in taste, you just have to work with what you have.

The deal is this do you want to live a good life? Then embrace the strictures that will aid you in doing just that. You don't want the strictures then I hole you die quickly so you will not have to endure the heartattacks and/or stroke, the neuropathy the lossof toes.
    The choice is yours to look at life and enjoy, or to lay down and weep/
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• Why not talk to a dietician and get menu's and foods that you CAN eat. There are actually many that you can eat. You should be eating about every 3 hours to keep your blood sugar under control. Google diabetic recipes, there are TONS of them. I take care of a 4 year old with Type 1 Diabetes and he has NEVER complained like you are. For the first couple of months he was very limited in his foods, now he can eat almost anything and we just dose his insulin for the carbs he eats. Some times, he doesn't even get the insulin because he doesn't eat enough carbs. If a 4 year old can adjust, then you can too. I respect him so much because at such a young age,he is doing something a lot of adults can't handle. He understands more than some adults what will happen if he doesn't follow doctor's "rules".

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• Is your diabetes controlled my insulin or diet and exercise? Or, all three of course! I ask bc my family has many diabetics and some are more limited than others... I know for my dad I send him his favorite sugar free treats (chocolate pecans) and cookies (sugar cookies made with Splenda) frequently so he doesn't feel too deprived. He buys sugar free ice cream too. Plus he watches his empty carbs, and walks 2 miles a day. This is really helping him! Sorry, Louise. I know it's not fun!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 9:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• Even though sugar free cookies are sugar free, they have flour in them. That is a carb. it counts as sugar. Because it breaks down as sugar in the blood stream. So if you are looking at just sugar free. You are not looking at the food right. It need to be low in carbs to.
    That is a pain in the ass.

Comment by louise2 (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Apr. 28, 2013

• Anonymous