Just would like to brag a little.....

My daughter is 16 and she was going through a little bit of depression and self esteem issure for awhile { and yes we were taking care fo that before anyone says something smart about it..Doc said that her level of depression is normal for girls her age but he gave me signs to look for if she got worse} okay anyway so she tried out for color guard and practiced her routine in a week. I was amazed how quick she took to it and was so proud of her tenacity. Well she made it and the Band leader said it was the best tryouts he seen in years and he really bragged on my daughter and said she did really well. She is so super excited to be a part of something and one of her besties made it too. I cant wait to see my beautiful smart talented girl out on that field doing her thang lol so super proud. She tried out for dance team last year and didnt make it and then before that she tried out for basketball and didnt make it so you can see why I am excited for her and proud of her for putting herself out there to try new things. Anyone else wanna post a comment about yr teen and their special moments I am listening.....it just makes me so happy to see her happy and excited about something.

Fairymom32

Asked by Fairymom32 at 2:23 AM on Apr. 29, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• I know how hard depression can be. It stops you from taking chances and living life. I don't know what is worse, going through it, or watching someone go through it and being helpless. I am SO HAPPY you and your family kept fighting and got to the other side! CONGRATS to EVERYONE! It is definitely a family effort~ woohoo

ggsmom333

Answer by ggsmom333 at 10:47 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• That's awesome for your daughter!

My stepson had two A's on his report card for the first time in years, and now he wants to help younger kids at summer school this next month. Even a year ago he wouldn't have been caught dead doing that. Isn't it the best thing ever to see them blossom?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:47 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• Yay!! That's soo great!! It will def. do a world of good for her self esteem & self worth as well!

My daughter's orchestra teacher just picked her for a scholarship for a week long music camp. She was the only one in the h.s. that got picked & the camp is usually like $600+, but she gets to go for free... so I"m def. a proud mama too!!

P.s. That's great about your ss too Ballad!!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 10:02 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• way to go

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• Congratulations to both of you! It's awesome to see them achieve something they've worked so hard to do.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:08 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• That's awesome! Hoping my son will find something to motivate him soon..
    peguar

Answer by peguar at 11:12 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• I posted my own brag moment a couple days ago. Neither of my kids are teens yet, but I'm still super proud of them.

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:16 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• That is so great to hear about yr kids......Pegur he will :D I do love to see them blossom that is when I am the happiest is when my kids are at their happiest.
    Fairymom32

Comment by Fairymom32 (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• That's awesome, I have a friend who was in the color guard (20ish years go) and She still talks about how amazing it was and that she is still friends with many of the girls she went to color guard with.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:19 PM on Apr. 30, 2013