A quick mexican dish....

We are having fiesta night at my church and we all have to bring a dish so does anyone have a dish to suggest or recipe....Thanks!

Fairymom32

Asked by Fairymom32 at 2:24 AM on Apr. 29, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Do you have a slow cooker? I make a tortilla pie that's basically a layered enchilada casserole, and it's easy to do ahead and keep warm. Line a slow cooker with foil. Brown a pound or so of hamburger, then break it up into small bits and add a can of enchilada sauce and a dollopof sour cream, to taste. You can also put in canned diced chilis or tomatoes or sliced olives, if you like. Layer corn or flour tortillas, meat mixture, and grated Cheddar cheese in your crockpot, pressing down each tortilla as you add it to the top and ending with meat mixture and cheese. Cook on low four to six hours.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:44 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• You can do fish in creamy Poblano sauce. Just roast and peel some poblano peppers. Puree them in the blender with some onion, garlic, cream cheese, fresh cilantro, and just enough evaporated milk to make it a creamy sauce. Cover fish filets with the sauce, add grated monterry jack on top, sprinkle some corn kernels and bake until the cheese is melted and the fish cooked.

You won't believe me, but that poblano mixture makes an excellent pasta sauce. Spaghetti with Poblano is a favorite in my house.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:38 AM on Apr. 29, 2013