Civilians on an Army base?

Two teenage girls found in Army base, one dead.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090217/ap_on_re_us/fort_lewis_teen_death

What do YOU think happened?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Sounds like they might have been partying. Its not unheard of. You have to remember the guys on base are young and dumb sometimes just like anywhere else. Add they are far from home and dont always make the best decisions. I wouldnt be shocked if they were doing some drugs and drinking and maybe overdosed.

Answer by gemgem at 8:46 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Runaway prostitutes?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• That is what I was thinking Gem...guess we'll see how sad
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:09 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I too think they were there partying.
    Cal311

Answer by Cal311 at 9:30 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Well that is sad. But, I don't feel that it is a conspiracy or anything. Gemgem seems to have it nailed.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 10:32 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I hope you are not trying to promote drama towards a military conspiracy. Stupid things happen. Perhaps if drugs and alcohol were involved~Stupid things can lead to death. It's sad, its unfortunate.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:41 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I agree w/ gemgem and everyone that it was probably just some stupid partying that got a bit out of hand. I'm sure we'll find out more details soon enough that confirm that.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:44 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• No grlygrlz2, I was not trying to promote drama. I just saw this and since it didn't say what happened, I thought I'd post it on here for opinions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• You also have to realize some soldiers are all of 18 years old. A whole 2 years older then the one girl. I'd bet they were partying. The girls could have had military ID cards, so they got on post. It sucks that this happened. When I was in highschool I dated soldiers. Big deal. BUT, I'm very sure that the soldier/s involved will be dealt with. Especially if the girls fathers are military.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 1:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• This is sad....

yea they had to be there partying....they were in the barraks...why else would two young girls be surronded by a bunch of guys in the middle of the night...

this is where i ask, where where the parents? she was only 16, what was she doing out at that time?? if it were my child, i would have called the police come midnight and she was not home....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 17, 2009