Is it so wrong to go back to bed?

When my dh works nights and comes home in the morning I crawl into bed with him after I've sent our kids off to school.
if I have an appt. I stay up...but usually I go back into bed and sleep until 11:00 then if he is not too tired we go to the track and walk/jog 2 miles.

Sometimes...I think of what I would do with the house I think about tidying up but I could do that later sometimes this gets old but my dh only works nights when his shifts comes around I'd say 4-5 nights a week then in changes to days and so on.

What would you do different?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Apr. 29, 2013 in Just for Fun

• No it's not wrong! Do your thing.......... as long as you are all well taken care of.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 9:23 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• No. I like sleeping in bed with my dh and if he was working all night I would definitely sneak in a couple hours laying next to him in the mornings!

Answer by missanc at 9:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• Not at all...the house will always get messy again and sanity and health will keep you going....as long as there isn't mold growing on dishes or the floor is so dirty you can't even see it. The occasional nap keeps you from being cranky.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 9:36 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• Could you get some stuff accomplished during those nap times? Sure... but if your kids are in school, & you have time later in the day to get done what you need to get done, then why not snuggle w/ hubby? When my dh worked nights, I used to take my oldest to school, & go back to sleep until I had to take my ds to school.(usually about an hour) Problem I had w/ that, was I couldn't seem to get my rear in gear afterwards & I was always grumpy & in a rush to get ds to school on time. Since dh now works days, I've started staying up after I drop him off at work. I don't get anything accomplished.. lol.. but I have time to drink my coffee, check my fb, & wake up, before getting my 3 younger 1's up to take my ds to school. He's been early ever since I started this & I'm in a much better mood! I say don't feel guilty, enjoy the sleep/snuggle time, I know I would if I could!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 9:36 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• I wish I could do that! Get as much sleep as you need.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• Nothing wrong with that at all! I am exactly the same! My husband works 12am till around 9 am. I take my son to the bus stop then I go back to bed till around 11am or so. Dh gets made when he comes home and finds me sleeping though. I don't see anything wrong with it. especially since I cant go to bed until he leaves for work! (I cant sleep with him because of his snoring!)
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 10:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• Do you work out of the home ? I am curious. I get the feeling that your hubby is frustrated with something else.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:44 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• No, it's not wrong at all. It's good for couples to get time in bed together, and sleeping counts, LOL! I love sleeping next to my husband.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:49 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• I used to do that too. Nothing wrong with it.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• The only thing wrong with that is allowing yourself to feel guilty for it! Enjoy! :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2013