Does the netipot really help with allergies?

My dh and I have really bad seasonal allergies and I got a netipot in the mail a few weeks ago and have been afraid to use it. Does it really help with allergies? Also do you really have to buy those saline mixes or can you just make your own? Mine came with 2 packs to start.

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 10:58 AM on Apr. 29, 2013 in Health

• I've used my everyday since Prawny recommended it. I have to say that YES it has helped me. I think it does several things... it flushes all the junk out of there, but it also flushes the germs that might be hiding in the back. I've done some studies and germs will sit at the back of your throat and nose. Using it everyday, flushes those away. (hey that rhymes!) Anyway, I recommend the pot though. I tried the squeeze bottle and that seemed to actually hurt my ears because, I feel, of the forced pressure. Try it..... But there are two types of saline mixes.. start with the low one.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:43 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• Absolutely. I use it right after dinner and it makes sleeping so much easier. Don't do it too late in the evening, you can get wash back
    snookyfritz

Answer by snookyfritz at 11:22 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• Works for me and I make my own saline. Google for recipers, but basically I use distilled water and kosher, organic sea salt.
    Anonymous

• I've had great luck clearing my sinuses with it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• "Do not use water straight from the tap"

THIS. Make sure you use purified water. There can be bacteria in your tap water that you seriously don't want in your sinuses
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• It works for me. I buy my saline packs.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:07 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• Mine came with a lot of packs not just two but I understand you can make your own

Answer by admckenzie at 11:37 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• You can make your own; the packs are just convenient. I would make absolute certain, though, that you use boiled or purified water. Do not use water straight from the tap! This can lead to more problems instead of solutions. That being said, I love mine! :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• The only reason mine came with 2 is because it was free. It was a Facebook giveaway from the company. I am going to look for more packs this week!
    momavanessa

Comment by momavanessa (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2013