What do yall think about this?(cloth diaper wipes)

I was thinking about using cloth baby wipes with baby number two. Have any of you ladies tried or are using baby cloth wipes instead of regular wipes? How is yo ir experience so far? I've heard that some babies get rashes. I want to try it And see how it goes. I will keep regular wipes aswell just in case. I just want to hear yalls opinion or experinces.

mylovelylife

Asked by mylovelylife at 11:44 AM on Apr. 29, 2013 in General Parenting

• I always used cloth wipes. We bought disposable wipes if we were traveling.
    Websites that sell cloth diapers have a lot of resources for cloth wipes, including recipes for wipes solutions. You also can use water, of course!
    Or you can buy concentrated "wipes potions" that you add to water, if you don't want to make your own solution.
    I had a variety of wipes (construction, fabrics) depending on the job. Many were double-sided so you could choose your "surface" depending on what you needed. Sherpa, fleece, terry, velour, flannel... I thought it was really nice in terms of quality & performance, and using disposable wipes seemed way less comfy and also less effective.
    If your baby gets poop on a onesie or on some pants, you rinse (if needed) and wash it with the laundry. Right? Laundering cloth wipes is no big deal.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 1:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• @m-avi I will thank you
    @winterglow that's good to hear:) yeah I was only plannim on using the cloth once and then tossing it in the dirty bin
    @chrysny so no soap mm or oil
    @missanc you dont use baby oil? I've seen some tutorials where they use baby oil
    @tigger3itch I can't remember my password lol
    @dardenella I want to make my own too. What kind of fabric did you use?
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 2:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• I didn't use baby oil, the baby soaps have some lotions in them already and it wasn't needed - but I have seen "recipes" where they use baby oil. 15 years ago when I had my first baby there wasn't as much out about natural stuff. I asked the nurses at the hospital and they said just to use warm water and a dab of baby soap, so that's what I used!

Answer by missanc at 3:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• I have been cloth diapering for 5+ years and use cloth wipes as well. They are just so much easier when you are already CDing bc you can stuff them in the diaper and launder together instead having to pick out the disposable wipes or throw then away separately. They also work like a dream. Even BAD diapers that would have required 7+ disposable wipes can be done in 3 cloth and most diapers only use 1. The cotton ones wash easily but do wear out faster. My favs are Grovia's , Thirsties Fab Wipes, and Itti Bitti if you want something really lush. I use those more for bath day:)
    As for rashes, the wipes have little to do with that as long as you're getting baby clean. Some people use wipe solutions, I have never found them necessary. Just be sure you are using a CD soap that doesn't build up, don't have ammonia build up etc. I use and love RockinGreen bc they have awesome troubleshooting help.
    414Rose

Answer by 414Rose at 5:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• no i dont use anything at all. just warm water. thats all they need.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• We have a local thing here, a sort of liniment made of 50% lime water and 50% olive oil. The lime water cleans and the olive oil soothes. Very ecological, fully biodegradable and extremely effective. Diaper rash is very rare here because of it.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:11 AM on Apr. 30, 2013