What do yall think about this?(cloth diaper wipes)

I was thinking about using cloth baby wipes with baby number two. Have any of you ladies tried or are using baby cloth wipes instead of regular wipes? How is yo ir experience so far? I've heard that some babies get rashes. I want to try it And see how it goes. I will keep regular wipes aswell just in case. I just want to hear yalls opinion or experinces.

mylovelylife

Asked by mylovelylife at 11:44 AM on Apr. 29, 2013 in General Parenting

• I think if it's something you want to try, you should. I'm way too much of a germaphobe to even think about using something that isn't disposable though. I watched an Extreme Cheapskates episode where they only used rags for TP. The mom didn't buy TP at all. I don't think I could even try that.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:46 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• i use a rag a lot of the times. I buy baby wipes just for when i leave. The kids get less rashes when using a rag. When the baby poops you have to wash it out or dump the poop in the toilet before washing in the washer. that might bother some people but if it doesnt bother you then go for it. You can always try it and if you dont like it go back to baby wipes. To me using a rag cost less then buying wipes all the time.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 11:48 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• @m-avy I really do want to try It
    @chrstny88 what do you use to make the solution
    mylovelylife

Comment by mylovelylife (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• Do it. I hear more and more people wanting to go to them. Keep me posted on how they work.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:55 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• The creche wher my daughters went used washcloths. They were only used once and then washed at 90°. My daughters never had a rash the whole time they were there (several years).
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 11:56 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• gross
    Anonymous

• I just use warm water.. you dont need anything else
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 12:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• I used washcloths when my kids were little, just a small amount of baby soap and water. Wipes with all the chemicals are much more likely to cause a rash than regular cloths. I kept a small pack of wipes for when we were out somewhere. My washing machine has a sanitize option on it, which is what I used for the cloths.

Answer by missanc at 12:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• I make my own they have recipe  on pintrest .......i have only had it 1 time and i like it so far....

tigger3itch

Answer by tigger3itch at 12:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• I used very soft baby wash cloths when I had kids. I surged a ton of them and didn't need quite as many as I made. I gave them away.
    We liked them.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:45 PM on Apr. 29, 2013