The Other Kid

Let's say you are with your child and another child (visiting friends or park or playdate...) and your child comes up to you. Just playing around, you grab your child, lift off the ground a bit, and tickle under the armpits. It might last a total of 3 seconds. As soon as you are done, the other child comes up and says "Do it to me, do it to me!"

It would be okay with this kid's parents if you did, so that's not a worry, but still......would you?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 11:58 AM on Apr. 29, 2013 in General Parenting

• Probably. If I knew the child. If I wasn't that familiar with the kid and the parent then I probably would resist.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:59 AM on Apr. 29, 2013

• I used to yes, back about 20 years ago when things weren't so weird..... I'd probably NOT do it now though. Kids used to want hugs and kisses back then and it was all cool too. While it really is a shame because the child just wants to play too, I'd probably say no.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• why not? If I know the kids I would but if the child is kind of new to me then I wouldn't.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• What Mavi said!
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 12:01 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• I probably do it if I know the kid and the family well.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 12:10 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• Um yes. We have huge tickle fights at our house, friends included. Oh we also wrestle around and it's the same way at my kids friends houses.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• If I knew the child and knew the child's parents would be okay with it, sure. If not, nope!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• I did t all the time but only with parents permission.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• I'd probably do it if I knew the kid and the parents, probably not if I didn't know them.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• Yes I would. I may not be politically correct but I believe in letting the kids have fun. You keep it short and sweet. I still give hugs when I see a child fall down and skin his knees to help comfort while saying out loud "Where's your mommy?" Just because there are perverts out there doesn't mean we have to assume that everyone is. I give the benefit of the doubt to anyone who comforts my child on the playground if they see her fall. You should be able to gauge the difference in how someone is acting.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:59 PM on Apr. 29, 2013