What does your 16 mth old say/do?

Im just curious to see what other children my sons age do and say. Hes not around many other kids so i cant compare others to him.

He says...-mama, mommmyyy, dada, pap pap, pappy, whats this/what is this, who is that/who is this/ ball, baby, juice, done, he will repeat things like cheese etc. and make an attempt to say what i ask him to(most times) He says mm..nummy, nummy when hes hungry, and juice when hes thirsty. He knows where his eyes, nose, mouth, ears, hair, head, feet, hands, & belly are. He knows socks and shoes go on your feet, he gets a book and pretends to read, he knows that the basketball goes in the hoop, the mail goes in the mailbox(a pretend house) He cleans up when i sing the "clean up " song. He knows what a piggy says( we are working on our animals) and he knows where most shapes go using the shape sorter toy thing. He follows directions very well, get mommy a diaper, get your socks, etc

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am posting this again. I very rarely post questions, but i love how when i do i hardly get any responses at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• my daughter says? juice, milk , done ,bath, dog, kitty, papa, mommy,daddy,da (for her sister miranda) eyes (and that means eyes and fries) bye, hi,car, sweet,sock,car,bad,cold,cookie,yes,no,down,nose,one,three (dont know where two is lol) pooh, dora,boots, i know there is more but i cant think, she knows when i say lets go get changed or dressed that she is to go to her room. when it is nite nite she goes and gets her blanket and drink she loves to read and color
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:02 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Watching my 16 month old is almost like watching a sponge, mixed with a lightbulb going off. When I leave my computer, he's there trying to type. He's decided to potty train himself, and will take his toilet seat and when he wants to go, will put the toddler seat on the toilet. He says several words, but when he gets on the phone, he acts like he's having an entire conversation, pointing at things, nodding at things, and talking 1000 miles an hour, with a few word we know what he'e saying, but a lot of gibberish too.

He has the ability to know what we don't him to get into, and has a direct radar to those items-LOL. He has the ability to command a crowd, and get everyone's attention in a good way.

He will dance up a storm, and try to sing when we play music. He confidently goes to the baby grand in the living room and belts out stuff.
    We're so blessed to watch every move he makes, and especially since he was...
    sizesmith

Answer by sizesmith at 9:03 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Continued:

Since he was born meth addicted and premature. (he's adopted). He shares everything, especially with the dog, and will howl at our little dog to make her howl. It's soooooooo cute!
    sizesmith

Answer by sizesmith at 9:04 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• You son sounds pretty advanced, actually! Congratulations. There are some milestone trackers on the internet. I think Baby Center has some. I think by 18 months (or is it 15) they should be able to point to two body parts. Your son is also using two word sentances already, so that is also good.

My son says words every now and then. (Favorite is Kitty!) He also does some sign language when he is hungry, thirsty or finished eating. We are working on others. He has said (but not when I ask him to! LOL) tree, car, sock, monkey, kitty, ball, doggy, mama, dadda, milk, tired to say Christmas tree, pat, moo, baa (animal sounds), and has recently started his own language - LOL! Sounds lik e"Glug, glug, gluga..." Now sure what that stands for yet!

He knows more words than he says, though. We can ask him to point to most anything and he will do it.
    He still isn't walking much though. He will walk, then sit down and crawl because
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 9:19 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• cont.... he thinks it is faster. He loves books, too. He will pick some out and bring them to me to read to him.

Anyways, I would recommend finding one of the milestone trackers to keep track, but as I said before, you son sounds right on target, if not "advanced!" :)
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 9:20 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• She is smart and know's eyes, ears, nose, mouth.. She says about 10-15 words.. cat, ba ba.. mom, dad, help me, up, no yes, hello, dog, bye, hi.. etc! She'll mimick anything. If i ask her to take a bath, she'll take my hand and lead me to the bathroom.. If i ask her where something is she'll point to it... if she can't find it, she'll stick out her hands and say uh-huh! She loves to sing and dance. She'll help pick up her toys.. read a book, turn on the dvd player, she can put in and take out dvd's.. she can open the door with the handle. She knows the remote goes to the t.v.. She knows how a phone works.with putting it up to her ear and saying hello! LOL... hmm..? If I think of more, i'll come back...LOL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Feb. 17, 2009