Michigan mother wants to ban Anne Frank because it's "pornographic"

Imagine my shock when I clicked the link on Twitter and it did NOT go to The Onion...

http://gawker.com/mother-wants-pornographic-diary-of-anne-frank-pulled-484400273

Full disclosure - I have not read the unedited version of the diary that wasn't published until after her father died.  Even still, based on the section quoted in the article, that's no more graphic than the basic biology that should also be in the 7th grader's science textbook.

Is the Diary of Anne Frank too racy for precious little jr high snowflakes?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 12:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh nooo.. Our snowflakes are having sex and giving blow jobs in 6th grade but they're to delicate to read about their own bodies. Whatever.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:53 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• That's ridiculous!

It's just like all those bible thumpers that wanted to ban the Judy Blume books.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• Oh good lord! I don't think I have a *facepalm* big enough for this twit.

Yes, let's ban history and everything that happened. Give it a pretty white wash or maybe a lovely rose tint!!

Doesn't the government do that enough?

Stupid bitch needs to STFU.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• Sounds like the same people who would have their kids remove from the sex ed classes...and then wonder why they are pregnant at 15...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• I LOVED that book while growing up. I swear I have read it dozens of times and I don't see what's so wrong with it. What the hell is wrong with parents now a days? They want to shied everything from their kids.

Enders Game was banned in the school district I went too. My English teacher kind of broke the rule and read it to the glass while I was in the 11th grade.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• I've read The Diary of Anne Frank many times. The first time was in middle school. I see nothing wrong with it.
    Good lord, look at what kids are doing, seeing and reading now! No comparison!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• if Anne Frank is pornographic to this lady, what is Romeo and Juliet (also required reading material) ?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• yes...lets continue to show graphic violent pictures on the news, plaster Kim Tardashians skanky butt all over every magazine, and idolize moronic Teen Moms, but heaven forbid girls learn about their bodies from one of the greatest and most moving texts ever published.

i read the Catcher in the Rye and 1984 in 9th grade and those books are FAR more "pornographic" than a girl writing about her anatomy. i barely remember this part of the book...it was the lesbian thoughts part that stuck with me (and only cause she was so honest).
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:55 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• My daughter read that book when she was in 4th grade. Good grief these women are embarrassing. Now they will get the AFA and One Million Moms behind it.

Ughhh. Fuck.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:59 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• That's almost as ridiculous as One Million Moms bitching about the Geico commercials with the pig because it "promotes beasiality".
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2013