anyone have a recipe for a face exfoliator?

I want something grainy and not to harsh as for scent

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Baking soda - the yellow box. Great and mild but works like a charm.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 8:55 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I like a little sugar and a heaping tablespoin of cacao powder. Add enough milk to make a paste. Scrub scrub scrub, let sit for 5-10 minutes (or as long as you like) and rinse. I like making it ahead of time and storing it in the fridge. It is great and leaves skin soft. The chocolate has antioxodents and caffine with will firm up skin and prevent...well...getting old I guess, lol. Plus it smells heavely and if you get a bit in your mouth, lol, opps.If the sugar is too harsh for your skin, you can use salt, but it cant be made ahead of time and stored like the sugar.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:04 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Here's an all-natural exfoliant:

Pound some ripe tomatoes, and mix some oatmeal until the mixture becomes sticky.
    Wipe on freshly- washed skin. The vitamin-C in tomatoes will help get rid of dead skin cells
    and whiteheads, while the oatmeal will serve as a facial mask that will make the skin supple.
    This also works as an antioxidant, and not just an exfoliant.

Sometimes, when my face becomes too oily, I tend to get whiteheads on my nose, so I dab a piece of lemon all around my face. Be careful around the eyes though, and leave it for at least 15 minutes. I also use this for whitening dark spots on my skin. It worked for me,I've been doing this since my teenage years. I hope this can help you too. It's my regular exfoliant.
    lovelytwinsmom

Answer by lovelytwinsmom at 9:29 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• they say the best thing to use is a scracy towel!! i have sensitive skin and cant use those products but i can scrub myself with a towel in a shower and it gets all teh dead/ dry skin off!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i found this in a cosmo mag its how to give you self an all natural facial
    take a warm damp rag and set on your race for 1 to 2 minutes

mix 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 tsp of olive oil in a bowl put on face for ten to fifteen minutes
    rinse off face

mix 1/4 cup of dry oatmeal and enough honey to make a thick mask wear it for ten minutes rinse off

apply cool soothing lotion like jergens (i put mine in the refrigerator) to your face rub it in and your done your face should be super smooth when your done
    111807mom

Answer by 111807mom at 5:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2009