Pcos.. Poly cystic ovarian syndrome..

good day mom's on cafemom!!

today i had a doctors appt in which i was diagnosed with pcos.. i asked a bunch of questions and even though he answered them and i'm sure he answered them.. i did not really absorb the information.. so here i am doing google searches and searching to see what exactly pcos are... or is.. but after about an hour of doing that i am still kind at a loss.. does anyone on here have pcos.. if so help me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Apr. 29, 2013 in Health

• All your googling and you still haven't realized it's polycystic??? not poly cystic.
    Anonymous

• really? lol.. everytime i google it as one word google says no.. and seperates it! :O thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• Poly (many) cysts
    Did your doc put you on BC pills?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:59 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• no he gave me metformin..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• There's a PCOS group here on CM. There's many symptoms, it just means your ovaries have many cysts, which create problems with your hormones. It's treated based on the actual symptoms you have.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• One of the best things you can do to help deal with many of the symptoms is to switch to a low-carb diet ... did wonders for me and I've never had to take any medications (I don't believe in meds).
    Anonymous