What was the one gift for you or your baby that you are really grateful you got?

Or something you have found to be the best halp that you bought for yourself (your baby)

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 6:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2013 in Shopping

• I go with sleep sacks too. Here in France, nobody uses blankets nor quilts - we all use sleep sacks only ours have no sleeves. :)

The best and most unexpected gift was a baby nest. Like an inflatable donut. Very useful.

The cat liked it too ...

winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 3:41 AM on Apr. 30, 2013

• I am thinking waterproof lap pads and mattress pads.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:44 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• Honestly? Nightgowns. Who has time to mess with all those snaps and stuff at 3am when you're barely conscious?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• My Dad bought be a car seat/jogging stroller combo, the best thing anyone could have gotten me in my opinion, and I am still using it 11 months later (and then some), whereas everything else I received is now too small or wiped a butt.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:42 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• The best practical gift I got, I think, was some sleep sacks in sizes from newborn to 12 months, so I could use them as my baby grew. I hadn't known the sacks existed, but they're made with sleeves on top and what looks kind of like a sleeping pab on the bottom, so the baby is warm without the use of a blanket that could be a smothering hazard.

As far as a keepsake gift, some talented ladies from church made a scrapbook of pictures and cards from my baby shower and then some newborn photos.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• PS - I meant we all use sleep sacks for our BABIES - LOL

winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 7:19 AM on Apr. 30, 2013

• Its been 12 years since my last baby and 16 since my first lol so I will tell you the gifts I loved for both.....For my daughter the best gift I got was this diaper bag that a compartment in it meant just for my things like wallet car keys ect ect so I didnt have to carry around a purse and diaper bag. Now has for keepsake a homemade blanket her grandmother made her. The best gift I got for my son we actually bought our selves was this little sound box you put on the side of their crib or bassinet that had different settings like mothers heartbeat,light rain,sound of the ocean things like that it helped him sleep so soundly through the night....and keepsake for him was also a baby blanket made by the same grandmother.
    Fairymom32

Answer by Fairymom32 at 11:03 AM on May. 3, 2013

• Sounds dumb but...Totally Toddler Stain remover. The absolute BEST remover for EVERYTHING! Used it for my husband and myself too once I knew the miracle worker that it was.

#2 The Art of Breastfeeding
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 9:57 PM on May. 8, 2013

• These are great ideas. Thankyou
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 10:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2013