Would you get involved with a man that...

has an ex-wife that disappeared for a year and hasn't been heard from? she and he had already broken up and he was devastated. they filed for divorce but he's not sure if they are legally divorced. anyways the wife is MIA (probably drugs) and he lost custody of their 2 daughters due to "losing it" during the break up. he says he will always love her as the mom of the kids but would never get back with her. he's simply worried about her well-being.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2013 in Relationships

• I can't honestly say
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• NO!

mainly because of this line:

"he lost custody of their 2 daughters due to "losing it" during the break up."
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• I don't know. My first instinct is to say that I probably wouldn't, but I do know someone that had a similar situation (not having his kids taken away though). His wife left him with their two kids and ran off without letting him know where she was going or how to get ahold of her. He had to post a classified to get his divorce since he didn't know how to reach her and neither did her family. She did keep in touch with her parents, but wouldn't tell them where she was. That said, he raised his kids without her, she didn't pay child support. She was a deadbeat and sadly one of her kids ended up just like her.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• yeah. he let go of the home, cars, job, boat, everything and turned to drugs and alcohol. he is sober now and trying to get his life together but he did lose big time. his MIL has the kids. maybe he can get them back.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• The MIA wife wouldn't bother me but I wouldn't be with a man that lost custody of his kids. When you have children, they have to come first before our selfish desires to self destruct when bad things happen.

Answer by missanc at 7:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• Is this methadone man? I told you to stay away from him! People in recovery are not supposed to be starting new relationships.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:09 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• Methadone? no, it was mainly alcohol and meth.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• He needs to get his shit together, and that doesn't include dragging other people (you) into his turmoil.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• I wouldn't. To much drama their. And he lost the kids? I wouldn't have kids with him either.

Answer by louise2 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• I do not think I could be involved with someone with this much going on in his life.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2013