Church?

What denomination do you think is filled with the nicest people, or does it not matter? Looking for a friendly church family.

CSJMommy3

Asked by CSJMommy3 at 8:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• UU hands down
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• UU is accepting, but it's not Christian - it's all sorts of faiths

I suspect that's why it's winning in a landslide
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• The best way is to go and see. You may have 10 churches of the same denom in your area and they will all be different. It depends on the people that make up that particular church group.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• I second UU.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 8:44 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• Really depends. A church is really the people and each one has its own feel.    A lot depends on your own personality.  When you find one you think you'll like, try to get involved in something.  Getting involved changes makes us more connected with the church and people.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• UU is accepting, but it's not Christian - it's all sorts of faiths. I love it, lol (went to my first one a few weeks ago - ours only meets once a month), but if you're looking for something Christian specific it might not be what you're looking for. I know that Methodists and Episcopalians tend to be pretty open minded (Episcopalians are the ones who have had a gay bishop). Any church can be accepting or not accepting, it depends mostly on the people and especially the pastor him/herself. I think what might concern you more is the teachings. Different denominations have different doctrines, or levels of doctrine, and that sometimes ties into their level of acceptance of others, etc. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• What is UU?

Unitarian Universalist

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:14 PM on May. 2, 2013

• I have never been to a UU church but I have heard that they are the most accepting. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:42 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• I wouldn't just go with-the people are nice, I mean that matters, but what denomination matches what you believe?
    find that first- then find a church you like in that denomination
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• uu for sure
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2013