Worried

I went to get an X-ray of a tooth today and I had my 3 year old son. So they made him stand outside the door while I got it but really wanted him to sit in the lobby but was scared for him to be alone. Can anything like radiation get him sick? Just wondering.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2013 in Health

• Yes I'm a worry wart
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• Well, if it did, everyone in the building would be in trouble. No... not even.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• no, you and him could get zapped a dozen time with no protection directly on and it wouldn't do any harm.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• He'll be fine. The levels of radiation used to examine a tooth are minimal, so even sending him out of the room was largey a precaution.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• No
    They had him stand where they stand to protect him.
    If they do this procedure several times a day on patients and it was dangerous to their health they would be losing dental techs faster than they could replace them.
    They would not put themselves in danger.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2013