What to make for dinner tomorrow?

DH has invited a couple of people from a work thing over tomorrow for dinner. I have no idea of what to make. I need some suggestions. Not chicken unless its something fabulous and grilled. He wants some fresh veggies (I am guessing it could be sautéed) and a salad. I can take care if the salad, but am at a loss of what kind of meat to serve and what veggies to make with it.

I would love grilling suggestions, but will take any suggestions that won't need to cook over a long time.

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 10:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2013 in Food & Drink

• toss steaks on the grill and grill some asparagus
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• If you're grilling, try a barbecued onion. Sounds weird, but I'm hooked on them. Peel an onion down to the edible part, cut out the middle like you would an apple core. Soften a dab of butter or margarine about the size of a gumdrop and knead in a pinch of garlic salt. Stuff the butter into the round space you cut out of the middle of the onion, then plug the hole with pieces that you cut out. (I hope that makes sense.) Wrap the onion in foil, and throw it on the grill while you cook some steaks. When it's tender, it has a wonderful onion flavor but no bite to it. You can eat it like an apple. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Good luck!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• Hmmmm! Kabobs?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• I like the grilled veggies idea with steaks. We do that a lot - we slice up yellow squash, red and green peppers, onions, and then quarter portabello mushrooms. We marinate it all in either olive oil with some salt and pepper, or Italian dressing and then grill it.

Another idea, depending on what you're making, for the veggie is some roasted cauliflower. I have a recipe that calls for garlic, soy sauce and a couple of other things that is out of this world good. Comes out with a Chinese food kind of flavor. Super easy, because all you do is chop up the cauliflower, mix it with the flavorings, spread it in a pan and put it in the oven. That's it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:37 AM on Apr. 30, 2013

• ^^ i agree with dard
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 10:38 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• I agree with steaks. Purchase some good cuts and marinate the crap out of them, then just throw on the grill. You could even slice up some veggies and roast them on the grill as well.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 10:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• You could whip up some stir fry or fajitas??
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:38 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• Steaks and make some kebabs :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:48 AM on Apr. 30, 2013

• Cucumber salad and fruit salad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Apr. 30, 2013