My daughter wants to move in with her boyfriend was i wrong for telling her no?

She just turned 18 and her graduation is approaching, but she don't have a car she just living the life of a teenager. I told her its best to have your own place and car than to move in a guy house because you are putting him in control and he will see you as one of his hoes at his life...i told her the best thing for a young lady your age to do is get your own place and let him come stay with you once you get to know him that way your education wont slow down because having a home of your own is responsibility was i wrong? i know many parents who turn their 18 year old to guys and ended up dead. my next door neighbor gave the approval of her daughter living with this much older guy she found out he was talking to other women and came home and comitted suicide...this is why i say teach your children better

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2013 in General Parenting

• Well you can tell her no all you want to but at the end of the day she's 18 & can go if she likes. My dd decided to marry at 18 it's not even a year later and she's kicking herself in the ass, live & let learn.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:44 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• i told her the best thing for a young lady your age to do is get your own place and let him come stay with you once you get to know him

I would not have said that..

Do you know her boyfriend? Sometimes we have to let our children go and they will show they can mature away from us or they will fail. But leave the option to always come home.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:44 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• No, only because she's still in high school. While I agree with your reasoning, once she graduates she should be allowed to move where she wants. All you can do is guide her in the right direction and hope she makes the right choices.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 10:44 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• I would not be OK with it until AFTER graduation, but at 18, sadly there is not much you can do I don't think.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:45 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• You may have said no, but once she graduates, she will be out that door. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:45 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• no the guy is all about himself and nobody else
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• @diamond i honestly think he gonna do that his brothers smoke drugs and he do to smh
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• I agree with you but it doesn't change the fact that at 18 she can do whatever she wants.

I don't agree with telling her to move him in...exactly what I did and I ended up pregnant with a guy who after the birth of my son beat the Shi* out of me, stole the rent money, trashed the apartment and almost left me dead.

And I thought I "knew" him to.

She is an adult and will just have to learn the hard way if she doesn't listen to you.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• You can give her your counsel but once she graduates/ 18, she knows she has the right to make her own choices, even if they are bad ones.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2013

• @tntmom i learned hes one of the one's that like to prance around with women
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Apr. 29, 2013