32 weeks pregnant with horrible leg cramps *Update*

"i started noticing about a week ago wakeing up at night with charley horses and my legs being tired and a little sore. Now they hurt all day long my calves and thighs I feel like a ran a marathon or like the 3rd day after of heavy workout. When i lay down stadning or sleeping they feel almost numb. They are swollen my ankles maybe a tiny bit but nothing bad . Im super swollen "down there" but figured thats just the all the extra blood. Anyone else have cronic leg pain what helped?" <-- orignal post

So i called my doc today she had me come in, checked me out. Everything is ok she just suggested i stay off my feet and relax as most as possible. (also had her partner who is an O.D. adujt my back and hips a little) it helped my back but my legs still hurt when i bend down it hurts puts a ton of pressure. I was planning on staying at work till the end of May ( i work for a daycare). But now because of they pain im in not sure anymore. Its possible to stay longer if i want to be more misserable, and they are great people i know they wil understand . but i feel bad in a way to u leave them assistantless a month early. I was thinking maybe i can still come in but for only 2 hours a day instead of the 4-5 a day just while one takes kids to and from school.

Cherriemama831

Asked by Cherriemama831 at 12:39 AM on Apr. 30, 2013 in Pregnancy

• good news about you legs. I would agree with at least cutting down hours and if that works great but if you still are in pain then I would stop all together. The stress from pain isn't great on baby either.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:02 AM on Apr. 30, 2013

• Yea she said its all just from baby presseing down and with each pregnancy its usasly worse (this is baby #3) and has been low the whole time . But yea i think i will try teh fewer hours and see how that goes. Im on my feet all day anyways between getting my older kids to school walking the dog cleaning house picking kids up ext. I told the dog today but sorry no more walks from me untill baby comes. ( i tka e him everyday)
    Cherriemama831

Comment by Cherriemama831 (original poster) at 1:21 AM on Apr. 30, 2013

• I'm glad you're okay, but sorry you're miserable. It'll be worth the pain when the baby comes. Good luck!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:43 AM on Apr. 30, 2013

• Two words that might help......compression stockings. MY SIL who is a nurse and constantly on her feet swears by them.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:14 AM on Apr. 30, 2013

• I had the same problem during my pregnancy. Relax.
    dimples2k13

Answer by dimples2k13 at 4:40 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• Charlie horses are very normal during pregnancy. You should look into bumping up your calcium and potassium supplements, and they'll go away.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 11:06 PM on May. 1, 2013