What can we do?

We live in a top floor apartment and outside of dds bedroom window there is a security light that is on all night. When we first moved it I actually liked this because it keeps her room lit just enough to not need a nightlight. Well now that the weather is warmer it is attracting all kinds of really creepy bugs that cling to the window and screen at night. We can't even open her window because there are so many (I counted 40 tonight) and the weather is only getting hotter. I plan to tell the landlord but what can they really do? I doubt they will agree to turn the light off since it's a security light. Is there any repellent I can use that would be safe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Apr. 30, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Are they getting in through the screen?? If not then why worry they aren't going to hurt her if they are just hanging out on the screed. If they are then the repelent used would depend on the bugs I would imagine.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:28 AM on Apr. 30, 2013

• They can spray the screen and area but it will wash off with the first good rain.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:32 AM on Apr. 30, 2013

• What about clipping a couple of those Off repellent thingies to the outside of the screen?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:36 AM on Apr. 30, 2013

• Spray the screen.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:57 AM on Apr. 30, 2013