San Francisco...

For those that have visit, how is it?

Diamond2010

Asked by Diamond2010 at 2:11 AM on Apr. 30, 2013 in Travel

• lived in the Bay Area all my life. SF is beautiful. great food, great culture, great architecture, scary steep streets and somewhat intimidating to drive in if you're unaccustomed to city traffic. what are you looking for in a vacation?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:08 AM on Apr. 30, 2013

• We visited there in July 2009 from Ohio. We did the tour and the drive on Lombardi and walked the piers. We saw the Golden Gate Bridge (only one day because every other it was too foggy) and Alcatraz and Fisherman's Warf. All in all, it was okay. Absolutely no desire to go back. Oh...and it was ridiculously cold.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:22 AM on Apr. 30, 2013

• We are going this summer. DD wants to go to Alcatraz, so why not? Not sure what else we'll do there though. Not planning more than 2-3 days.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:38 AM on Apr. 30, 2013

• I've been a couple times, and it is a fascinating city with so much to see and do. One of my fave areas was China Town. We also went to Japan Town, but it wasn't nearly as fun.

Take a drive up to see the redwoods. Alcatraz is really cool.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 9:05 AM on Apr. 30, 2013

• I LOVE San Francisco. My husband is from Oakland (just across the bay from SF) and I have family in the bay area as well so we visit as often as we can. It's a beautiful city with a ton of charm.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 9:41 AM on Apr. 30, 2013

• Nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:50 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• I went there twice and really enjoyed it, especially Fisherman's Wharf.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:39 AM on May. 1, 2013