What would you do? (birthday question)

ok, my middle daughter's b-day is sept 22 my youngest is oct 3. they are basically two weeks apart. ok here's my problem: they both want the same birthday, they want it at the same place the same cake and everything!
the local eagles club has a bowling alley that they rent out for parties. both the girls want to do it. instead of renting it twice i was thinking of having their parties together. the same people are going to be at both parties. we're only inviting about twenty people and that's including the kids and their parents. we are inviting their friends from church. (they go to school with most of the kids from church)
do you think it's alright if we do that? would you go to a party if it was for more than kid? i'm just not sure. we've done their birthdays together before but this is going to be the first time we're inviting anyone other than family members.

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 2:59 AM on Apr. 30, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We do that all the time. It saves money, time, and a lot of effort. It works out even better when the birthdays are close.

Just be cautious when trying to do that with another child that isn't your own. I've been burned doing that. My mother-in-law wanted a combined birthday party (for her adopted daughter and my daughter) and I paid for the whole party. Then, I found out that she hosted another party for the same kid and for the same birthday celebration. Never again will I do that unless it involves both of my kids.
    FoxyLove

Answer by FoxyLove at 11:57 AM on May. 2, 2013

• I think it's a great idea. Bowling alleys are FUN for birthdays!

I think I'd make the invitations girl-specific - make sure that each invites her particular friends rather than lump them all together.

How old are they?
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:46 AM on Apr. 30, 2013

• I agree do them both at the same time, maybe the week in between?? And then just have a special family at home dinner of their favorite foods, movie/games for each individual birthday.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:04 AM on Apr. 30, 2013

• Ask the girls how they feel about it. I will bet they will be tickled.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:10 AM on Apr. 30, 2013

• I know people that do that every year. It's nice for the family and friends since it's only 1 party to arrange the schedule around. Each kid still has their own cake and gets their own presents. And still has a special family dinner with just the immediate family on their actual birthday.

I agree to ask the girls how they feel, but be sure to put a positive spin on it when you ask.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 3:20 AM on Apr. 30, 2013

• I would ask them about it. I think there is nothing wrong with it if it is the same exact group of people.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:09 AM on Apr. 30, 2013

• If the girls are up for it, I think it's a great idea. I'd be relieved as a parent of one of their friends because two parties in two weeks would be hard to arrange, but I wouldn't want to go to one and not the other, so having the parties together would be perfect.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:28 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• i was just wondering if the guests would be alright with it. the girls have no problem with it because we've done it before. this is the first time that they will be inviting friends from the church and school. normally it's just the five of us and ayene or two more friends.
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Apr. 30, 2013