How much?

What was your total cost of your wedding? We see all these tv shows where people spend huge amounts on their weddings but i wanna know whats realistic for moms on here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• $20,000 for 65 people. My parents were kind enough to pay : )
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 9:21 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Hmmm...About $800 including our clothes and rings (minus that stuff and it was only $115). That's what we paid anyway. My parents bought the wine and my sil got the cake. I have no clue what they spent. We had the wedding in my in-law's living room and then went to my sil's house for cake.
    There were no fancy dresses or music or anything. I wore a dress I already had but had to buy dress clothes for my husband (the only time I've ever seen him dressed up and the only time he ever wore those clothes).
    There were about 20 people there (only my parents came from my family and I had 1 friend and her kids there, everyone else was from my husband's family).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:25 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• 25000...including dress, tux, rings, reception, rehearsal dinner...everything.
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 9:30 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• 7,500 for 98 people. We omited things like the professional photographer, yet still have beautiful pictures. We did not take a limo from the ceremony to the reception. It was only 5 minutes down the road with traffic. We had our reception in a beautifulball room at a local restraunt and they did not charge for the use of the room. BIG money saver! Everything after that was just shopping around for deals and negotations.
    LadyLuck13

Answer by LadyLuck13 at 9:31 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• About $13,000 not counting the dress or the rings and about $3,000 on the honeymoon. We went over budget, we only had about 50 or 60 people and we are planning on renewing our vowels to have the wedding I always wanted. The place where we had the wedding showed us all these pictures of weddings they had done and it was beautiful but for us they didn't decorate the way I told them to and the cake was smaller than what I had asked for.
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 9:37 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I spent around $10k on our wedding which was JUST family and a couple friends. We had around 35 people attend. But that included the cost of renting a banquet hall, food off a menu, dress, rings, renting an old civil war era church, flowers, dj and photographer. We had everything.

Answer by gemgem at 9:40 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• We just had a private ceremony with immediate family in my in-laws backyard. For the rings, license, small cake, and champange, and clothing, we spent around $500. Then, two days later, we had a reception with around 125 people, which cost us around $2300. That's the hall rental, food and supplies, decorations, kegs, bottles of alcohol, mixers and pop, and the DJ. Add in the money for making our own invitations and thank-you's, and we're probably around $2900 total.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 12:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I got married the friday of my spring break so I had to go back to school on monday. We spent 65 on our marriage license, paid the preacher 40 and my dad took us all to mcdonalds to eat afterwards.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:04 PM on Feb. 17, 2009