I need to buy a new tv. And with two very active 4 yr olds I dont know which would be better... a plasma or an LCD?

A little extra info:
I'm looking for longevity and durablity.
I can not mount it to the wall. :(
We have some video game consoles that are used on a semi regular basis.

LadyLuck13

Asked by LadyLuck13 at 9:24 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Entertainment

• when we bought ours we had to take into consideration that we have a 11 month old and we want many more :) They said plasma because LCD when the kids put their hands on the screen will ruin it by leaving a "trail" if you run your finger across your computer screen its the same idea.. the colors blend together and trail across it. So eventually the kids will break the bulbs in the tv and ruin it.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:26 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I would say LCD! But its your choice. JMO, plasma is out of date. They just don't last. We bought a 40' Sony LCD and we love it. Good luck and Happy shopping! :)
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 9:32 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Go with LCD. Plasma is on it's way out. We have an LCD and its got an awesome picture. As far as keeping little ones fingers off, good luck! But, you don't want fingers all over the screen, it will ruin it.
    We have a 47" Philips and couldn't be happier with it!
    Freightgal

Answer by Freightgal at 9:51 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• LCD. We have LCDs in every room and my son touches it all the time. It has never messed them up. Our oldest tv is 2 years old and he has been messing with it for as long as he could. It's still great. Plasmas are not a good investment.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 9:55 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i have an active 3 yr old that broke my dvd but the plasma survived, he hits it.... but i put it on the wall to keep him away. i would say look for a sturdy base!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:28 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I would say LCD. Why can't you do a wall mount???? My living room shares a wall with our garage so all the media devices are in there. All you see is the TV and its well out of reach. They have special radio remotes so you can put your devices in a safer spot(even another room). I don't know if its still true but I heard plasmas don't last. Either way shop around, prices have come down but they still vary from place to place. Always ask " is this the best you can do on the price"? Make it clear that your shopping around for the best price and you'll be back if this is it.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:20 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Always check prices online too. If there's a cheaper price online most places will give it to you at the cheaper price. My DH has saved so much money by having the bestbuy sales rep check the website.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:23 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• we have a 3 year old and also cant mount the t.v due to horse hair plaster. we ended up getting an LCD at walmart with warrenty its great and i love it we just tell our 3 year old dont touch he got it pritty quick. ohh and ours is a vizio.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:45 AM on Feb. 17, 2009