Need help planning a baby shower!

I am planning a small shower and need some ideas. I have the games already but need help with ideas on what to give for prizes, favors, etc. What did you have at your shower? So far I have 24 pink balloons, a 2 tier carousel cake onorder, plastic baby booties were putting candy wrapped in pink tulle in. I need ideas on food, drinks, and places to get cute baby shower plates and cups. Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hi there. I gave my daughter a baby shower on a budget so I scheduled it in the afternoon between lunch and dinner so we wouldn't have to serve a meal. My FIL allowed us to use his home because we didn't have very many people to invite and he has a large living room. You have a great start with the balloons, cake, and booties, which make nice favors. We bought scented candles in glass holders, put them in tulle bags, tied pink ribbon around them with added little baby-themed trinkets, and I made the little tags on my computer. For food we made a platter of cut cheeses, pepperoni, and crackers. We also made a veggie platter with a dip. We had small bowls filled with a variety of candies - pillow mints, m&m's, and mixed nuts. My FIL made a nice homemade apple cider and we bought a variety of sodas and some bottled water. I bought all the cups, plates, and decorations at Party City. Have fun!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:44 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Target has some cute plates and the dollar store isn't bad if you are on a budget. Also, Walmart has really stepped up their game and have some cute party cups, plates etc.
    Prizes? You could give lip glosses, lotion, candles, car air fresheners, godiva chocolate.
    Party Favors?You could go to a chocolate store and get chocolate suckers made with a baby on it and add a little note that says something like "Thanks for coming, you're so sweet! Now for you here's a treat!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Feb. 17, 2009