Pottytraining for a little girl.. HELP!

I have a 2 yr old (2yrs & 2 months) and I've been attempting to potty train. We let her pick her potty out and she loves it. She even thinks its a toy :/ lol. Shell even sit on it as long as i tell her to but she will NEVER use it. This has been going on for a couple months. What am i doing wrong? What are some good tips? Is she still a bit young? The reason i'm tryin to get her potty trained is her diaper irritates her. She walks around digging at it all the time. I dont know what else to do.

dimples2k13

Asked by dimples2k13 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 30, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Does she have any sort of rash? Does it matter what brand of diaper you put on her?

It's a bit young, I think. I got a video that seemed to help my daughter figure out what she was supposed to be doing when she sat on the potty. It was called "Go Potty Go!" and it had a lot of catchy songs and silly stories. But she was three and a half before she really figured out the toiletin thing, and then it was only a mattr of days till she was trained once she decided she was ready.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• Wait until she turns 3, then take her diaper away completely. Stay home for 3 days. Do not leave the house. Put her in undies and take her every half hour the first day. Every hour the second day. By day 3 she'll be trained. Keep the diapers for night as long as she needs them.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:27 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• I've tried different types of diapers .. she doesnt really get rashes except for on her bottom when she pulls at it alot. I keep her as dry as possible. This is my first child and I didnt know what age potty trainin actually sinks in. I only have two friends with kids and one is 2 months old and the other is almost 2 and he is already using the potty so I was just curious. Thanks for the advice!
    dimples2k13

Comment by dimples2k13 (original poster) at 12:19 AM on May. 2, 2013

• i took my daughter to childcare for the first time after she was 2, she went to kindy 2 days a week and really enjoyed it, she learnt how to potty train really well. the kindy is such a huge help. does your daughter go to childcare?? if not,, buy her some undies. take her to the tolit with you and say look mummys doing a pee in toilet like a big girl .. mummy and daddy does poos and wees in hear.. and tel her that shes a big girl now and can do it in toilt. when she does attempt to do it,, make a big deal out of it and give her a treat.. mabie mae up a sticker chart or something. in the end if she seems to be playing around on that potty you brought her,, mabe look for something that can support her to sit on our toilt seat.. good luck hun.. it all takes time, be patient,, if you need anymore advice im hear and happy to help in anyway i can.
    Lisa_7777

Answer by Lisa_7777 at 5:22 AM on May. 3, 2013