Acne??

Ladies, I need a recommendation for something that will clear my face up. I have had acne since I was like 13 and nothing works. I have tried Proactiv, Neutrogena, Clean and Clear..I mean, you name it, I have tried it. Prescriptions..like, Differin gel..now that worked..but I can't afford it...anyways, does anyone know of anything that works? Also, I get alot of blackheads, like in my nose and on the sides of my face and nose. I think I hate that the most. Anyways, it's not bad all the time..I just have breakouts alot and they get bad. So, if someone knows, please let me know.

kaeleighalexis

Asked by kaeleighalexis at 9:42 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• www.freeacnebook.com
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 9:48 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Are you on any form of birth control? I have PCOS and one of the side effects is very bad acne. Because it's hormonal, nothing topical works for me. I am on a low androgen BCP called, Ortho-Cept, and my face is 100% blemish free!! I know that there are a lot of pills that are supposed to help.

Unfortunately, that's the only advice I can give. Nothing else has worked for me... good luck!!

HeathersBabies

Answer by HeathersBabies at 10:08 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• If you find the answer, let me know too!!! I've had acne since I was 11. Nothing has worked...I think I've been on every prescription med in the world. Sometimes, I think it must be hormonal. The only thing I haven't been on is accutane. I have a cousin who went on that when we were in high school...10 years later her skin is still beautiful (in fact she's a model). Other than that, I've tried it all...Differin, Retin-A, and every other thing...no results.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:08 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Well, I am actually waiting for my period so I can begin my BC(ortho tri-cyclen)..It is 2 weeks late..for once it is late when it is usually always on time..LOL. They say that clears your face up(the BC), so hopefully if i am not pregnant(lol) and Aunt Flo comes around soon, I can take my BC and hopefully it will work. I have been on BC before, just not OTC....
    kaeleighalexis

Answer by kaeleighalexis at 10:16 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Hello Kaeleighalexis,

How are you?  My name is Cassandra Lane, I am a Certified Beauty Advisor with Avon.  For you I recommend Avon's Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System.  Also, you mentioned that you have blackheads, for that I recommend Avon's Clearskin Purifying Astringent Blackhead Clearing Formula. Here is where to get these items http://www.youravon.com/clane  

*For orders of $30 or better, the shipping is free, just enter code FS30REP at checkout.

MzBusinessWoman

Answer by MzBusinessWoman at 10:49 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I had/have this issue. What has made a huge difference is the Clarisonic Face Brush. I use it everyday with my cleansers. Not only is my acne almost gone, my scars are getting lighter AND the pimples I do get go away fast. I use the Aveda basic skin care line. Also it makes your skin care products last twice as long. I will say that it is expensive BUT if you are concerned about your acne this is the best. http://www.clarisonic.com/ 

I found it on ebay for 165 with free shipping.

Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:18 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• try lever 2000, seriously, it works for me, kills the bacteria that causes blackheads and etc... also change your pillowcase everyday, sheets need changed all teh time too... dont touch your face. drink mad water, keep a food journal to see if something is causing it.. for me it was lactose (Weird huh,, i have no other allergic reation to it and i love it!) good luck i know how you feel!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I take prescription meds. Retin A. Works fairly well.
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 1:01 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Acne Free Severe! You can get it at Walmart. It comes in a orange box it's a whole regimen. I love it it is the only thing I have found that works for me. It is only like 24 dollars.
    shabrown907

Answer by shabrown907 at 11:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I became a rep for Sensaria because I love how their skin care cleared up my blemishes but I do have to second the above suggestion of using the clarisonic with whatever skin care routine you decide to try....check out her link for great info. The clarisonic is amazing... they had teamed up with Sensaria for a year and we had the clarisonic for Sensaria as a host only item.... I love mine!
    naturalspalady

Answer by naturalspalady at 12:51 PM on Feb. 18, 2009