What would you do if you have a damaged toenail?

I want to wear sandles but I messed up my toenail really bad it looks like the nail wants to come off I bumped it really hard into the coffee table.

What can I do?

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Apr. 30, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• I sometimes get an acrylic overlay on my nails for the summer. It usually lasts all summer long too.

Answer by m-avi at 6:34 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• You , so will not like my answer. And the medical people on her would give me an earful

Answer by Dardenella at 6:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• Lets hear it Dardenella...

Would you ladies wear a bandaid next to beautiful pedicure?

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• I'd go to the podiatrist and possibly have it removed

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• Soak your foot once or twice a day in warm water and Epson salts. If there is an open would wear a band-aid - not a gross one, but they have some great skin colored ones that will do the trick.

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:50 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• Wear the band aid to protect the nail/toe. It will be temporary. Don't sacrifice your healing because of a pedicure.

Answer by silverthreads at 6:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• I would put a bandage over it and wear sandals.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:56 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• I'd go to the podiatrist and get it fixed/medication... whatever it took to have it heal up.

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• I'd get a doctor to treat it if possible.

Answer by Bmat at 7:31 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• OK but only because asked nicely.
    I have broken the toenail so badly that the nail is going to die. I know it and my toe knows it and so does the nail. It is going to hurt when it comes off. I already know this. I have the Epsom salt bath ready and I sterilize my forceps (yup I really have them) and I pull that sucker right off of there. Then into the bath. Soak it, rinse it and the pour hydrogen peroxide on it. Dry it. Put on antiseptic and the bandaid.
    No you are not supposed to do this. You are supposed to go to the doctor.
    Yes most people can not do that to themselves. I have a very high pain threshold.
    No I do not really think you should do this because you will probably pass out on the floor and so, well, there you go. Remember you did ask.

Answer by Dardenella at 8:03 PM on Apr. 30, 2013