Would you ever yell at a five year old who rang your door bell? what if they rang it a bunch? what if the child had autism?

or would you speak to the parent (who last year was going with the child every time to make sure they were ringing correctly) and parent thought this spring child might know now, so stood two houses down to watch but let child try this on her own (but looks like parent has to still go with the child to each door when child wants to play with a neighbor friend)

do many children at age five ring the door bell too much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• I would not yell at any child for ringing my door bell. Yes, they do tend to think it's fun to hear the ring though.... Granddaughters used to do it over and over again.... LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:07 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• My kids friends just walk in so it's not a issue. Only time I'd say something is if the baby or dh was asleep.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 7:07 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• I'd never yell at your LO

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:07 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• No, I would open the door and tell them that I heard the bell the first time it rang and that ringing it more than once won't make me answer any faster. I would then ask them if they ring their own doorbell like that, and then I would point out why they don't. Young kids can be really impatient so I would just chalk it up to age. The little boy across the street does this, except he will ring once and then immediately proceed to knocking until the door is answered. It's pretty irritating.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• I'd talk with the parent.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• No I've never yelled at other people's kids. I'm not even sure if I've ever yelled at my own.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• your child was under covers in her bed afraid to come out for 2 hours
    and when i was trying to calm daughter down, their child came to my door and rang it 20 times
    then drew picture of the neighbor man - as a monster and placed it on her door so he could not come and 'get her'
    another pic of her home, sidewalk to their house and blood coming from her bedroom window
    stayed up until midnight because too scared to go to sleep

when i talked to him and told him that he should talk to me and not yell at my child, that last summer i was at every door with her, and will again, also told him that his daughter rang my bell 20 times while i was trying to calm down mine after he yelled
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• Screw it let the kid ring it. Half the time unless you assault my doorbell you can't here it ring anyways.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:13 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• simple frown Aww,give her a hug from me....

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:14 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• i told him that i was outside 2 doors down, he should have talked to me
    he said he has told her 100 times not too ring so much
    i said funny because last year i was at door every time, and this year the weather just started to be nice, so she has only gone to ring your bell once or twice, but i will be sure to keep trying with her
    he said the neighbor boy used to, but he only had to tell him twice....does this not prove that my child has autism isses and does not learn like other kids (hence me always out there with her)

if he is annoyed by telling her ""100"" times, can he not imagine how many times i have told her this (hence reason i am a helicopter mom..his wifes term for me)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:16 PM on Apr. 30, 2013