So what are your thoughts on Masha Gessen's comments about gay marriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• My link did not work Let me try this again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=n9M0xcs2Vw4

I was trying to post tha actual video.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• I don't know who this person is and don't care I also don't care who marries who cause if you want to join the old ball n chain game be my guest. It not all rainbows so good luck gay or not lol
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 10:10 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• Idiots come in all shapes, sizes and sexual orientations.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• No idea who she is so her opinion would not matter to me.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• Oh and I never click on an anon link. Sorry
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:47 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• Who is this person?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:13 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• I don't think I could even stand to watch that, just looking at the description....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:16 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• "Who is this person?..."Ballad
    Masha Gessen, an author and a Russian and U.S. journalist who is active in advocating for the rights of the LGBT community. And she says...
    "“Gay marriage is a lie. Fighting for gay marriage generally involves lying about what we’re going to do with marriage when we get there. It’s a no-brainer that the institution of marriage should not exist. … ‘Marriage equality’ becomes ‘marriage elasticity,’ with the ultimate goal of ‘marriage extinction.’ ”
    She then went on to say that her kids have five parents and she doesn’t see why it should be an issue for her kids to have such number of parents.
    Then she says..."“I have three kids who have five parents, more or less, and I don’t see why they shouldn’t have five parents legally…

cont...
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:51 AM on May. 1, 2013

• .... I met my new partner, and she had just had a baby, and that baby’s biological father is my brother, and my daughter’s biological father is a man who lives in Russia, and my adopted son also considers him his father. So the five parents break down into two groups of three… And really, I would like to live in a legal system that is capable of reflecting that reality, and I don’t think that’s compatible with the institution of marriage.”"

I do not know about you all, but 5 parents?? Ummm talk about confusing the poor tyke come parent teacher conferences...Or when they start dating....IDK...*smh*
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:54 AM on May. 1, 2013

• shruggingIt is always the children who suffer for the mistakes of the parents. Regardless of their parents sexual orientation. So basically, she wants to do away with stability and a union between two people who love each other? wtf?? Am I missing something???

ggsmom333

Answer by ggsmom333 at 1:29 AM on May. 1, 2013