Teachers these days

So my sister called me and told me that she has been getting 100's as a daily grade b/c the teacher has been checking her journal and said that the teacher gave her a 33 average so I told me mom and my mom,dad and me went up there to talk to the principle and counselors and we were on her like that we were snapping questions back n forth and her story wasn't adding up and they gave us a sheet of her grades what pissed me off is that she had all 100's but got a fucking 33 average so she came back in and her story wasn't connection and so my mom was talking to her and she said I don't have time for this I got duty I gotta go and my mom just snapped b/c 1) that was rude to walk off while a parent was talking to you....so tomorrow we are going to the board of education to do something about her its sad b/c she has been reported so many times by parents and teachers....Have you ever met rude teachers like that?

Shaketa123

Asked by Shaketa123 at 9:32 PM on Apr. 30, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• I wouldnt put up with that either. Teachers try to act like they are so much more superior and try to talk down to you. I wished I would have some help from someone in dealing with teachers I have had to deal with. I would def do what you said and go the boe.
    Fairymom32

Answer by Fairymom32 at 11:06 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• 1) Why were you even there? She isn't your kid so you had no business being there.

2) Most people respond to rudeness with rudeness. If the three of you went in there and start "snapping off questions" she is going to go on the defensive. Next time they (not you) need to set up a parent teacher conference and calmly and rationally speak with the teacher about their concerns.

3) Your next step is to go to the principal if the issue can't be resolved with the teacher. Only if the principal won't do anything should you go to the board.

I do hope your sister can get this resolved. If she really did have all 100's in the class then a 33 is a bunch of crap!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:01 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• How much of her final grade do the journals count for? Like is it 20% or something like that? I'm no teacher, but I do know that grades are not based on one set of assignments like journals. Do you know what she got on tests and quizzes?
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 10:30 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• Do you even know how ignorant this post makes you sound. As a teacher I would deal with your shit either!!! 

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:03 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• Your sister said she had 100's. Teacher gave her a 33. Someone isn't telling the truth. Used to be that it was always assumed that the student was the liar, not the teacher. Not saying that your sister is lying, but something doesn't add up.

And it could be as simple as she looked at someone else's grade when recording your sister's. It's happened to my oldest before, but instead of going in all on fire, he calmly asked his teacher about it and she fixed it. How would you like it if several people came up to you and started just asking questions and questioning your integrity?
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:19 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• THANK YOU kmath.... that was everything I wanted to say, but put MUCH nicer!!! ;o)
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• You might also want to think about it not being the teacher at all. I know the principal did not tell you that the teacher did these kinds of things and I will bet other teachers didn't say anything about her either. It is considered very unprofessional.

I will say once again, if you go in on the attack, you may as well not go in because you are not prepared to hear anything except what you want to hear.

You do not belong in this conference because this is not your child.

A respectful discussion with one question being asked at a time and a willingness to find a solution, will get you farther than nastiness. Just saying.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• I have a feeling this isn't how it really happened, but I'll keep my mouth shut on this.

I have never, ever in the 14 yrs I've had school age kids, had a teacher be flat out rude to me or my children. That could be because I am always, always very diplomatic when discussing issues I have. The only way to get anywhere in life is to be reasonable, use common sense, and be polite. When someone is confronted with what they see as rude or aggressive behavior, they will respond in kind.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:23 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• No but when there are any issues with my son's studies I set up a conference.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 30, 2013

• There are rude people everywhere, in every profession. Sorry you had to come across one.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:43 PM on Apr. 30, 2013