immunizations

My friend does not believe in immunizations. Her boy will be starting school soon...what does she have to give the school in place of the immunization record? And where does she obtain the letter stating it is against her personal beliefs

trentntats

Asked by trentntats at 9:51 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• When your friend registers with the school, they will give her a packet of info that contains the immunization card, and on the reverse will usually be the waiver that she simply needs to sign, saying it's against her beliefs.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:53 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• it's different for every state. Many schools don't even hand out the waivers because they want everyone to believe it's "required".

She can look up her state on this site and download the forms. Or just call the school and ask for the form, but as I said they like to push parents around.

http://www.nvic.org//
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:56 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• When i registered my daughter for kindergarten this year (we live in Idaho) the school had forms available. I had to write out why we do not immunize and then sign it to agree and acknowledge that if there is a breakout of a diesease in the school like chicken pox, or mumps ect. that our daughter would have to stay home until the threat was cleared. It really wasn't a big deal at all, and most schools should have the paper on hand in thier files.
    puddleybug

Answer by puddleybug at 10:48 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Our state does not give out the info on waivers. I suppose they don't want us to know its available. I found the info on my own because I was refusing a chickenpox booster and I had to write up the letter myself. GA has no set form. I found one online that I liked and stated what I wanted to say and I had it notarized and turned it in. They didn't say another word about it.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:20 AM on Feb. 17, 2009