Just a vent....

I work in retail and hate it when I am checking out someone and they are on the cell phone...and then when they mess up on trying to run their card they look at me like its my fault. Who else thinks this is rude?

Fairymom32

Asked by Fairymom32 at 12:18 AM on May. 1, 2013 in Money & Work

• I think people are rude with cell phones in a number of places and this is only one.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:16 AM on May. 1, 2013

• My mom and I were on the phone the other day and she hung up with me to check out. The cashier was so grateful and surprised. I can't believe how many assholes there are today who don't know common curtisies! I hated that when I worked retail!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:26 AM on May. 1, 2013

• yeah that used to annoy me, but what was worse I when I would greet a customer and get no response from them. Talk about RUDE
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:31 AM on May. 1, 2013

• I work in a pharmacy in a retail store and customers with cell phones piss me off!
    I just want to bitch slap them!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:23 AM on May. 1, 2013

• I hated that! It was always so awkward. I was always like do I interrupt your conversation to tell you your total? Because you're not paying attention and I'm done lol.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 12:33 AM on May. 1, 2013

• I hate customers with phones.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:40 AM on May. 1, 2013

• I always put my phone down during transactions if I am on it at the time.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:41 AM on May. 1, 2013

• I hate it when people talk on their phones while trying to do much of anything else because they can't do both at the same time, even if they think they can.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:58 AM on May. 1, 2013

• Yes its rude, along with holding up people in the line while talking on the phone.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:13 AM on May. 1, 2013

• My husband has a bad habit of calling me at times like that. I step out of line and let people go in front of me if I need to talk to him. If I don't, I tell him I'll call back and hang up.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:05 AM on May. 1, 2013