NovaSure...?

Has anyone had the NovaSure procedure done?

It is advertised for women with heavy menstrual bleeding where they remove the uterine lining and it either greatly reduces or stops bleeding completely. When I asked my gynecologist if there was something that we could do that would completely stop my periods, he brought this up. Very seriously considering...

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 8:10 AM on May. 1, 2013 in Health

• Never heard of it.... I had a partial hysterectomy & haven't had a period in almost 3 years!! Woo hoo!! But I would do your homework on this, & make sure that there are no bad future side effects from it...... GL
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 8:25 AM on May. 1, 2013

• My friend had it done and I'm definitely asking my gyn at my next visit!

Answer by missanc at 9:01 AM on May. 1, 2013

• I had a hydrothermal ablation done in 2009. I originally went asking about Novasure, but my doctor told me she prefers hydrothermal ablations because unless your uterus is a perfect triangle, Novasure won't destroy every bit of tissue. Also, there is some concern about it causing endometriosis. I can't remember the exact reason, but it was something to do with metal touching the inside of the uterus and the body overreacting to it. It happened to a friend of mine after she had Novasure. They both work with the same purpose though, to destroy the inside of the uterus. There are lots of different ways to do it. There are rollerball, laser, and balloon ablations also. Mine was using boiling water circulating in the uterus for about 10 minutes. I was knocked out for it, and the procedure and recovery were both SUPER easy. Continued..
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:57 AM on May. 1, 2013

• I felt great the next day. I don't have periods anymore. Every now and again, I will spot for a day or two, so I will wear a pantyliner. I also have no more cramping or any more pain at all. I am very glad I had it done. If you have any questions, let me know.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:58 AM on May. 1, 2013

• Yes, and I LOVE it! Best decision ever. Haven't had a period for almost 4 years!
    It's also majorly reduced my PMS/ PMDD symptoms.

I love that I'm not spending a week every month in bed!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:23 PM on May. 1, 2013