Any ideas for easy preschool BEDTIME crafts?

I have to do an art project with the theme BEDTIME next week for work. Will be for up to 25 2-4 yr olds; must be able to be done within 10-15 minutes, cheap, not too messy.

I was thinking of cutting out the shape of a sleep mask [that you use to cover your eyes to keep the light out] of felt & letting them decorate the front w/jewels, etc & then letting them pick out a ribbon to use to tie it. WHAT DO YOU THINK?!

redfairy41

Asked by redfairy41 at 10:05 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• sounds like a winner! you could also make "fairy bread" cut small shapes from buttered bread and sprinkle with colored sugar and either leave for the fairiesor eat. I would think that a story/book reading would be best instead of a craft to get preschoolers to sleep but thats just my opinion
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:23 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I work for an art gallery/arts council who's located in the same building as our local public library. So every other week after story hour, the kids come down to my gallery & do art projects that go along with the theme of the weeks story. They then keep their art projects on display in the kids section of the library for a week.

Thought about easy dream catchers but my "guinea pigs"/testers thought that was too hard.
    redfairy41

Answer by redfairy41 at 11:11 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• How about some kind of 'chore chart" type of thing with things listed that they're supposed to do before bedtime.

Or drawing pajamas on a picture of a kid?

The mask idea is cute...but knowing MY kids...not so much. Hazard for my 2 year old (putting things in his mouth and wrapping ribbon around his throat) and my 3 year old doesn't like things on his face like that (but he has other issues, too LOL)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• You could do something with the moon and stars. I like the masks, but I don't think you'd get one on my son. My daughter - maybe. :)
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Maybe they could decorate pillow cases? Of course you would probably want to use permanent marker for that, and goodness knows how much of a permanent mess that could make! LOL!

Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 3:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2009