Clogged sink,new house!!!!

Ummm I don't know why my kitchen sink is clogged up but my husband poured out his coffee this morning from the pot and it didnt go down the drain,it looks like a little bit of hard grease floating on top but I dont put grease down the drain! How do I fix this the water is half way filled in the sink! I have a clean kitchen with this grose sink!Help!

JonahsMom1107

Asked by JonahsMom1107 at 10:09 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Home & Garden

• draino. if it's that badly clogged, it would take forever to try anything less harmful to the environment, and obviously you're going to need your sink. so go pick up some draino.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 10:20 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• try boiling water it will help dissolve the grease try dumping baking soda down the drain after plunging and then dump white vinegar. it causes a chemical reaction and will fizz up and and help clear it.   i would still get some Draino.  i hope you DO have a plunger!

chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:26 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• yeah I have a plunger for the toilet but I think I will get a different one for my kitchen sink.Thanks for the advice.
    JonahsMom1107

Answer by JonahsMom1107 at 11:15 AM on Feb. 17, 2009