I can't get my 2 month old to burp.

i have tried everything i know. help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son wouldn't burp either, at least not for me. Maybe your baby doesn't need to burp. If they aren't cranky after a feeding, then dont' worry about it.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:19 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Is he breastfed or bottle? I don't know about bottle fed babies, but sometimes breastfed babies just don't swallow air...and don't always burp. Or maybe your baby is burping, but not loudly or hard enough for you to feel/hear it? Sorry I can't be of more help.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:22 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• sometimes the bubbles pop before they hit the surface so to speak lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:30 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• If he/she isn't cranky after a feeding, don't worry about it. If they are, try laying them flat on their backs for a minute before putting them upright. Sometimes it helps the bubbles consolidate. Try the over the shoulder bounce from your knees burp...that usually works on tough babies. If you really can't get a burp out and he/she is cranky...try some gripe water before a feeding (especially at night if you're trying to go to sleep!) It is amazing stuff. (Pick one with Oil of Fennel and Sodium Bicarbonate in it...other ingredients aren't really necessary).
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:43 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• my son would never burp if i burped him but he would eventually burp all by himself. Like everyone else said if the baby is not cranky then it is ok.
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 10:53 AM on Feb. 17, 2009