Three more arrested in Boston Bombing

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/05/01/police-3-additional-suspects-in-custody-in-boston-marathon-bombings-case/

There may be updates but this is the link I am using.  Seems they had a little help disposing of items after the fact.  I'm not sure if they can make a case that they knew before the bombing which would make for larger more serious charges.  

Question:  Do you think this is a larger conspiracy, or do you think these were just friends of the brothers trying to help them out?

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 12:33 PM on May. 1, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• My personal thoughts are that this isn't a larger conspiracy. I think that if it were anything larger, the brothers, themselves, would have tried to get out of the country within the four days they had to escape. I think they were just plain stupid. The friends had no idea on how to handle what was coming down on them. I could be wrong, of course, but that's my opinion.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:46 PM on May. 1, 2013

• Neither - I think it was a small group of very stupid people thinking they were doing something bigger. The fundy version of suburban kids who form a gang.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:25 PM on May. 1, 2013

• What i would like to know is why do they release one of the names and not the other two? The only released the American citizens name.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:53 PM on May. 1, 2013

• ah- according to that article they say at the beginning off it that their names have not been released. Looks like they need to update it.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:50 PM on May. 1, 2013

• I read this a while ago and have been waiting for updates. I am so curious to know what the hell is going on. I hope they catch all involved.
    It's hard to tell right now on if they were just a group of people or if is bigger.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:38 PM on May. 1, 2013

• I'm not sure how big it is, but I had a feeling there were more involved than just the brothers.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:40 PM on May. 1, 2013

• Two of them are said to not be citizens and at the link above they are reporting that they are from Kazakhstan. The article has a picture of the two with the younger bomber in Time Square in NY. The third person arrested is a citizen and has been charged with making false statements.

QuinnMae

Comment by QuinnMae (original poster) at 12:47 PM on May. 1, 2013

• They released the two foreign student's names as well.

According to WBZ-TV’s Karen Anderson, their names are Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev.  Both are originally from Kazakhstan and attended the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth with Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

QuinnMae

Comment by QuinnMae (original poster) at 1:45 PM on May. 1, 2013

• I agree with NP. I think it was a handful of wannabes looking for attention. Still... the fact that they were able to pull it off is unbelievable.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:18 PM on May. 1, 2013