My nearly 3 month old will not nap during the day for any length of time in anything but the swing or the car. I would like him to nap in his crib. Any suggestions?

He sleeps fine during the night in his co-sleeper, but eventually I would like to move him to the crib overnight as well.

CathyJo123

Asked by CathyJo123 at 10:22 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just start putting him in there. That's about all you can do. he will be cranky and you wil have sleepless nights for a few, but it will work eventually
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:29 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• If he is sleeping well at night, I'd start with putting him in his crib at night. Do you have a consistent bedtime routine? It will help if you do. Then, once he is comfortable with nighttime sleeping in his crib, just carry the routine (or aspects of it) over to day time naps. At 3 mo., I would probably do a bath at bedtime, then bottle/breast, burp and then rocking. Try to get him to the point where you put him down sleepy but awake. This will help him learn to soothe himself to sleep and will really come in handy down the line. When he is a little older (maybe sitting up supported), I'd add a book into the routine. Eventually, you may just be able to read a book and lay them down and walk away (that is what I've been doing with my daughter since about 6 mo.)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:34 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I got cut off. You may also want to consider a crib vibrator if that type of thing helps your baby or even putting a pillow under one side of the mattress so baby is sleeping sleeps on a slight incline (like he would in the car seat or swing). Good Luck!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:35 AM on Feb. 17, 2009