is baby rub vicks bad for a toddler and newborn?

my toddler and my newborn BOTH have runny noses and i already have a vaporizer up and going but it doesnt seem to be helping any....can i put baby rub vicks on their chests? i bought it at walmart and it does say "Baby Rub" vicks.
im asking about it cause i remember seeing something on here saying vicks is bad for children

my newborn is 2 months old, and my toddler is 17 months old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think it is okay. It is made with all non medicinal ingredients. I used it for my daughter with no issues when she was sick. Johnson and Johnson also makes a vapor bath (same type of thing) for the bathtub to help clear out their noses. PediaCare makes a plug in too. It sucks when they have runny noses because there is very little you can do for them.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• It's bad for them if you put it on their feet because it can get absorbed into the blood stream and that's toxic. But putting baby Vicks on their chest is one. Not the newborn though! Just the toddler.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• okay. thank you.
    Anonymous