Cat poop on the Carpet

Hello i need some helped. We have 1 cat we have here for 4 years now. she just started to do this. she been pooping in my daughter closet on the carpet. Its not cause of her litter that not it i clear it everyday. I do not know what to do if my daughter leave her door open in the closet she will go poop in there. she a inside cat.
The only thing i have change was the litter box because she was getting litter every where.

and ideal will helped please.
Thanks

piglet91

Asked by piglet91 at 5:02 PM on May. 1, 2013 in Pets

• Close that closet door. Check the feces for parasites and her butt for worms. Any stress in the house?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:07 PM on May. 1, 2013

• Is your daughter teasing her? Being mean to her?
    Usually cats will be pee and poop over the stuff of the person who is mean to her. Or is she looking the cat in the closet/room and that cat is unable to get out to use the litter box?
    My moms cats pee and poop all over my brothers stuff when ever he is staying there and he is mean to them
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:08 PM on May. 1, 2013

• locking*
    LostSoul88

• It could be that your daughter has something in the closet that the cat is attracted to, like an odor. It could be that she is angry at the change of her box since it sounds like the entire design is different. It could be that your daughter is doing something and the cat is getting back at her. Frankly once they do it in an area, that smell alone will attract the repeats It could be that she is sick ad needs a vet check. As others have said the best deterrent is to keep the door closed.  Personally I would suggest both her closet and the door to her room, until the habit is broken.

Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:42 PM on May. 1, 2013

• The smell of the poop that stays in the carpet will make the cat return to the same spot. This sounds crazy, but it works. Get some cheap shaving cream for men, the kind in the can. Squirt it on the carpet and rub it in. Leave it there for ten or fifteen minutes, then scrub it out with a wet rag. Something in the shaving cream breaks down the enzymes that cause the lingering poop odor, and the cat won't go back to the same spot just because she's been there before. Alsokeep the door closed till she forgets about the spot, which should happen quickly once the smell is gone.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:53 PM on May. 1, 2013

• no my daughter not being mean to her. the cat sleep with her. She don't do that to my son room her is the one that mess with her like nothing mean just chase round the house.

Thanks
    Tammy
    piglet91

Comment by piglet91 (original poster) at 9:46 PM on May. 1, 2013

• My best guess is that she's doing it because she doesn't like the new litter box. I suggest going back to the old one. Somebody gave us one of those dome shaped litter boxes with a lid. Our cats refused to go in it! They would go every but the box!
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 12:31 AM on May. 2, 2013