How to get your hair shinny again?

I cut about 4 inches off my hair to get all the dead ends off and use hot oil treatments and conditioner and am still not able to get a shinny soft feeling in my hair, how can I change that???

TamithaSue35

Asked by TamithaSue35 at 8:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• you are missing essential vitamins. drink lots of milk and water. protein is good 4 your hair, eat plenty of meat, eggs, and or peanut butter.
    Anonymous

• If all else fails a good temporary solution is that shine spray a few different brands are out there. My hair is dull sometimes I just spray some in while it is wet, comb through a little to even it out and viola fake shiny hair : ). Careful though if you spray too much you look like a greaser.
    gustafae

Answer by gustafae at 8:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Jojoba oil is very good for sheen and shine for hair, nails and body. Sensaria has a great jojoba oil. Message me if you're interested and I'll give you my website.
    kittynala

Answer by kittynala at 9:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• A good shampoo! For example Avon's Advanced Techniques 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner. You can use it daily, doesn't weigh down your hair containes vitamin B5 which promotes hair health which in turn causes the shine and growth. Good Luck, hope this helps.
    AvonbyAmandaNC

Answer by AvonbyAmandaNC at 10:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• There is a great product called wen you can google it, I bought it on a tv infomercial lol!! I used it a couple times and my hair is great and shiny! I went thru chemo and radiation last year and I felt my hair lost its spunk. Now I feel alot better. I think I paid 22.00 for it then shipping! good luck!
    Sarah
    1boy1girl4me

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 12:51 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I put sesame oil in my hair very liberally. Put a shower cap on and wear it over nite...In the morning you will be amazed..you may have to wash it several times to get all of the oil out but the results are simply amazing..shine, no frizz, soft and it lasts for weeks. Even my hubby noticed how good it looked. My sister tried baby oil, it worked but not at well. I buy the sesame oil at Wal-Mart in the bath section. good luck
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:55 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• there's this spray from Redken called Vinyl Glam. It works wonders and you don't even have to use that much. Also Shampoos and Conditioners from drugstores contain alot of ingredients that are actually bad for your hair. Waxes and Chemicals that dull your hair. Especially Pantene, Head and Shoulders, etc. Invest in a quality shampoo like Redken All Soft. If you know anyone in the beauty industry and their licensed, they can order online at Maly's.com You can get a liter for like 10 bucks, which is well worth it. I use All Soft everyday and my hair condition has extremely improved. There's even tiny gold flecks in the conditioner, and my hair is so super soft. Good Luck!
    bianchi01

Answer by bianchi01 at 9:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Hot oil treatments often mask other problems. Make sure you are using salon quality products, bought in a salon. The initial cost can be more, but they are consitrated so you can use less product. I recommend a deep cleansing treatment followed by a deep conditioner this will make the biggest impact. Then continue at home with quality shampoo and conditioner.
    wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 9:15 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Get an at home or salon "Glaze" treatment. Its basically like dying your hair, but there's no color, just silicone. I've done an at-home treatment and it was nice. Also use a shine spray, but sparingly or it will make your hair look greasy.
    sskyesmom

Answer by sskyesmom at 4:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Again this is cheap, no chemicals needed, and works for me, I take a generous amount of shampoo in a cup, add about 2 tbs. of baking soda and shampoo onto my hair. This removes the buildup of styling products. Hair will feel ucky. Pot alllot of conditioner on, wrap your head in saran wrap, and then wrap turban style a very warm towel from the dryer, I let my on for 30 mins, this allows the conditioner to heat up and sink in. Then I dilute apple cider vinegar with a pitcher of water, and our over my head without rinsing. You can also add the vinegar to your shampoo in stead of the soda. Also cold coffee, works as a natural shine boosting rinse. People have always commented on my shiny hair, so this has worked for me. I also like EVOO on my ends, and I do the warm towel routine. HTH. Good luck!
    ProudMammaBear

Answer by ProudMammaBear at 1:47 AM on Jun. 22, 2008