Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Boyfriend left me with a 4 month old?

Okay so in my other question i asked how to take care of my little girl and that me and my boyfriend were planning on getting married soon. Well.. He left me about 1 month ago.. I know it's too fast but i'm dating this other guy, he's really sweet. I'm not gonna go too fast with him though, because yeah.. Me and him have been dating for about 2 weeks. Now my daughter is too young to know that her dad left but when she grows up i'm afraid she's gonna ask me "Where's dad (or daddy)" and then yeah. He completely left, he moved somewhere in Florida. I don't know how to deal with this situation. I'm afraid he'll also want custody of of dd.

I didn't know where to put this in the Category thing.


I know he went to Florida because that's where some of his family lives, me and his family are close.


Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on May. 1, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • I love how you know you are fucking up by dating a guy already, but you are going to do it anyway. That aside, look up abandonment laws in your state. Speak to a lawyer about your options if dad does ever decide to show back up. Most will do a consult for free.

    Answer by kmath at 7:10 PM on May. 1, 2013

  • butterflyblue19

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:07 PM on May. 1, 2013

  • Does he seem interested in custod? Since he up and left to "somewhere" in Florida I don't think custody is a real issue. Find him and go to court for CS and establish visitation.

    Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:09 PM on May. 1, 2013

  • He droped you and his DD and moved away? I don't think he want custody. And for telling your DD about him. Just be truthfully.

    Answer by louise2 at 7:19 PM on May. 1, 2013

  • First & foremost. I really hope you are on Birth Control! Right?? I'd take one day at a time. I'll bump you, maybe someone can help with the custody question. GL!

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:10 PM on May. 1, 2013

  • If he moved away without looking back, I doubt he'll be interested in custody, but he should still have to pay support. In any case, if he does come back, he'll be hard pressed to prove to a judge that he should get custody after abandoning you and the baby. As to what you should tell your daughter, just say that her dad went away when she was a newborn, but you'll always love her and be there for her and that's what matters. That will satisfy her till she's older, when she'll have to deal with what happened on her own terms.

    Answer by Ballad at 7:45 PM on May. 1, 2013

  • call legal aid and find out your rights do it before he comes back and wants that baby, and also if you don't get proper custody of your baby he could report you as an unfit mother just so he gets what he wants. Really stop reading this and call a lawyer right away he also owes you child support now. And if this is all to much for you find out adoption laws maybe your not ready to really do this

    Answer by pinkparcel at 7:50 PM on May. 1, 2013