HELP! I am been beat up by my 8 year old son. adult content

We have been going through therapy for over a year now, and the past two weeks my son has started hitting me and hitting me hard and more than once. He also has started kicking me as well. I don't know what to do, we have talked with his therapist about it and she really hasn't said much about what to do. I am tired of being hit. Any suggestions on how to handle this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on May. 1, 2013 in General Parenting

• Turn him face down on the ground and sit on him. Pin his arms to his sides with your knees. If it gets to be more than you can handle walk him into the nearest hospital and tell them you can't handle it anymore. I know what you are going through. My seven year old hits me when he gets frustrated. It's not bad yet, but we are working through it. Might be time for some medications too. Last thing I'd want to do is drug him, but it's for your safety and his.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:15 PM on May. 1, 2013

• This may be bad advise but when my bro was 5 he liked to bite and once he bit my back and ripped my skin off so my mom said that's it I'm going to show you how much that hurts people when you bite them. she grabbed his arm and bite him hard enough to draw blood he was so freaked out he never bite anyone ever again. Maybe you can say to your son when you hit me this is unacceptable and I am going to show why and whack him really hard I bet he'll never hit again. Just note you didn't say why he's in therapy or what developmental problems he has. And if you are a spanker or not if you spank him that is why he his hitting you. Spanking shows children you hit when you don't like what people are doing.
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 8:20 PM on May. 1, 2013

• You need to learn therapeutic holds. My oldest has autism and was aggressive when he was that age. Sit him in your lap, wrap your legs around him so your legs are on top of his so he can't kick, take his right hand in your left and vice versa so he can't hit. You can sit like that for a long time and you will be surprised how quickly you can get him into that position. Hold him until he stops fighting.
    Continue with therapy and press the therapists for answers on how to deal.

Answer by missanc at 8:27 PM on May. 1, 2013

• I would tell him when he is calm that you will not allow him to hit or kick you any more and if he chooses to do it again, you will stop him. Don't tell him how bc that will just cause a verbal debate of "that won't stop me". Then if he hits or kicks again, wrap him in a bear hug and take him to the floor. I've had to do this with kids I've worked with. You don't have to hurt them. Just hold them tight until they are calm. Don't talk to them either except to say," as soon as you stop hitting ill let you go".
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 8:28 PM on May. 1, 2013

• Missanc way will work too if he is small enough. Too big and its safer to go to the floor. Just because if they fight back hard enough the chair can tip over or you can fall off the couch,etc. The object is not to hurt them..just keep them from hurting you until they gain control of themselves
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 8:33 PM on May. 1, 2013

• Does he have mental issues?

Answer by louise2 at 8:41 PM on May. 1, 2013

• Sounds like you've received some great advice. I hope it helps. Hang in there mama! HUGS!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 8:46 PM on May. 1, 2013

• Under normal circumstances. As in the child is normal. I would grab him. and spank him and put him in his room. and all the while telling him he does not hit mommy.

But it does not sound like your child is normal. If he is going to theropy.

Answer by louise2 at 8:50 PM on May. 1, 2013

• eye rollingYeah,hit him after he hits you. Great lesson.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:55 PM on May. 1, 2013

• What is holding him down do or teach him?

Answer by louise2 at 8:58 PM on May. 1, 2013