What would you do/think if you googled you kids teachers name...

and a mugshot for DUI, Open container and Erratic lance change came up from 7 months ago?

For the record I happen like this teacher a great deal. This surprised me but didn't at the same time. I am pretty close with this teacher. She is an excellent teacher!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on May. 1, 2013 in General Parenting

• I guess I would hope that her bad decision making didn't carry over into her professional life. We are pretty on top of our kid's educations, so I don't just depend on their teachers to make sure they know what they are supposed to know. I would hope that the teacher would have learned something from that bad experience.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:25 PM on May. 1, 2013

• well shes not driving my kids around and she shouldnt be drinking at the school. If shes not harming my child in anyway i wouldnt mind. if the charges were something like drugs, or rape, or something along that line i would go up to the school and ask them about it.
    Anonymous

• If she's an excellent teacher I'd let it go. I'm sure it's embarrassing for her and lots of people do things they really regret. No one is perfect.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:26 PM on May. 1, 2013

• I want to say I am not in any way feeling like this makes her less of a teacher. She is still a great teacher- who made a mistake.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:27 PM on May. 1, 2013

• Do you feel like there is something you should be doing, OP? It sounds like you are happy with her professionally.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:28 PM on May. 1, 2013

• I didn't know mugshots were posted online... interesting...
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:29 PM on May. 1, 2013

• I was just wondering what others thought. That's all. Curiosity.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:34 PM on May. 1, 2013

• teachers have to report to the district if they get arrested, so im sure the district know of this. if they felt that she was still okay to be teaching them im sure its all good. i would hope she learned her lesson tho, and doesnt do something so stupid again.

but then im not sure what erratic lance means.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:56 PM on May. 1, 2013

• *lane
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:02 PM on May. 1, 2013

• Honestly, the teacher probably won't be driving your child anywhere. Maybe he or she got carried away one night, but unless you notice anything strange that would indicate drinking as a problem related to the classroom, I'd let it go.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:07 PM on May. 1, 2013