Does it kind of bother you when there are kids alittle more advanced than your kid?

Even though your child will get there sooner or later but what is it or how is it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It doesn't bother me. All kids advance at different paces. The more you compare kids to your own the more you will drive yourself nuts.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 10:44 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• No because I have 4 kids and they all have developed at different rates, so I know its not anything I am doing wrong. My oldest was SO advanced and I really didn't know it because she was my first. Shes 14 now and still quite mature. My 2nd and 3rd are very average and though they are smart, they are not over the top geniuses or anything. My youngest is behind in his speech. He is on target as far as his coordination and the like but hes immature and he doesn't talk well at all. I am actually kinda happy that hes a bit slower. I can enjoy his child hood a bit more. One day you won't even know that they were behind anyone else. I do understand though.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:07 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Honestly? Yes. It's hard to see my son act immaturely and struggle with reading and social skills.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 12:29 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• It's a shame, but, Yes. Since my son started kindergarten I've seen very smart kids in his class and when I see my son sometimes struggling with phonics I wish he was "smarter"??? Well children don't develop at the same pace, specially boys, so I see him again, and realize that he is a perfect creature of God... He is my son.
    fairymom526

Answer by fairymom526 at 10:25 AM on Feb. 18, 2009